1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a CAAD9 on order, and now I found out about a system six
frame with the alu cannondale crankset for the same price. What would
be the better bile to take? Does the alu and carbon of the system six
not fatigue over time giving it a less stiff ride?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Take the system six has a combination of caad 9 & carbon, this is a great frame don't miss the opprotunity.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No System six has the caad 9 rear and that is the team version it's rare to come by I would jump on this frame.Here is my back up bike version.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You will enjoy this bike solid stiff and great to climb.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
That thing looks really pimped out.
If you were comparing it to specifically the CAAD9 1 it MAY be worth talking about but otherwise, assuming it's in good shape, it looks like system six would be a no brainer.

·
Hup, Hup
361 Posts
Excellent choice. The SystemSix is amazing. I was offered a pretty sweet deal on a SuperSix a few weeks ago but, I love my SystemSix so much that I have a hard time even thinking about selling it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looking at a used 2007 System Six frame and fork on eBay right now. My size, price is $550 at the moment which seems like a good deal to me. (Maybe not? No idea.)

I've read some reviews that say the bike is incredibly stiff but that translates to "jarring and uncomfortable for long rides." Can anyone comment? I'm no racer, just an enthusiastic recreational rider - should I be looking elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That is not a bad price and I had no issue on a long ride with system six frame.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
abenedict said:
Looking at a used 2007 System Six frame and fork on eBay right now. My size, price is $550 at the moment which seems like a good deal to me. (Maybe not? No idea.)

I've read some reviews that say the bike is incredibly stiff but that translates to "jarring and uncomfortable for long rides." Can anyone comment? I'm no racer, just an enthusiastic recreational rider - should I be looking elsewhere?
Did a 120km ride this morning on the system six and it was definatly
not a jarring ride, infact I thought it was quite smooth, loving the bike so far.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Phazer,

Told you so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts