Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Automatic
15 Posts
New brakes

I'm not sure machining all the way through the brake arms was the best idea from a aesthetic perspective, especially for campy. Too much like the less than lovely CNC type brakes. Perhaps machining away from the back, leaving a thin layer of material on the front side would have been a better choice. But then they would not have looked "updated" enough for some. I do think the double bridged arm works well. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see them in person. Overall, the group looks like a winner.

· Registered
156 Posts
I think the brakes are the best looking part. The part I don't get, is that the linked article states that the new shifters only allow for one down shift at time. I hope that this isn't the case for all of the higher campy groups. Also, the only advantage I see to the new torque cranks is that left over 2006 square tapper bb's and alloy cranksets will be going for 70% off when nobody wants the OLD and no longer any good technology.

· Twitterpated
3,118 Posts
split,

That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

Considering asthetics only, I am already tired of see-through BB's and prefer the Dura Ace/Ultegra covered approach.

Hopefully, this will mean big sales on 2006 Campagnolo stuff.
:cool:

Thanks,
Tshirt

· vegan cyclocross disco
428 Posts
Stud Muzzin said:
IIRC Record and Chorus will be the only groups that will still allow mutiple shifts with a single press of the thumb.
seriously? that's just idiotic. multiple shifts both ways is one of the great things about campy, another is the quality of parts at the low end (veloce/centaur). that's a shame.

campy you just lost about 5,300,000 points. ouch.

· Registered
732 Posts
jeffreyg said:
Also, the only advantage I see to the new torque cranks is that left over 2006 square tapper bb's and alloy cranksets will be going for 70% off when nobody wants the OLD and no longer any good technology.
Everyone keeps saying that, and yet I doubt it will be true...

· Registered
129 Posts
Thorn Bait said:
Everyone keeps saying that, and yet I doubt it will be true...
Totally agree. Margins on Campagnolo product are slim to begin with, and I doubt catalogs (and especially local bike shops) are going to want to take a hit on '06 Campy, especially when '07 Record will be more expensive anyway. Back in Spring '04, did anyone see "blowout" prices on 9spd Dura Ace?? I don't remember any big sales.

· Registered
732 Posts
marimba_artist said:
Totally agree. Margins on Campagnolo product are slim to begin with, and I doubt catalogs (and especially local bike shops) are going to want to take a hit on '06 Campy, especially when '07 Record will be more expensive anyway. Back in Spring '04, did anyone see "blowout" prices on 9spd Dura Ace?? I don't remember any big sales.
Yeah, I don't think 9 speed prices are any cheaper in general - at least not the cassettes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.