Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference? The 2008's need to be ordered while there are some '07 models floating around in close-out that I can get without waiting (oddly enough their sale price is the same as the regular price of 2008 models with the same level of components).

Thanks!

· Registered
155 Posts
The 2007 Six 13 is has different (cheaper) method of manufacture, which is probably why an '07 and '08 cost the same. There was no change between the '07 and '08 Synapse frames. I love mine for what it's worth.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fueledbymetal said:
The 2007 Six 13 is has different (cheaper) method of manufacture, which is probably why an '07 and '08 cost the same. There was no change between the '07 and '08 Synapse frames. I love mine for what it's worth.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, the 2007 Six13's I've seen in a couple of shops are more expensive than the comparable 2008 models, and they're only the same price because the 2007 models are on clearance. I thought that was strange.

I tried a Synapse, too, and just might go that direction...

· Registered
370 Posts
fueledbymetal said:
Actually its the other way around. 08's Six13 are cheaper to manufacture than 07's. That's why (now, on close out) they cost about the same.

I'd wait for the 09 models which are round the corner and get a heavily discounted bike. Remember there's no Six13 nor System6 for 09

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeDomestique said:
Actually its the other way around. 08's Six13 are cheaper to manufacture than 07's. That's why (now, on close out) they cost about the same.

I'd wait for the 09 models which are round the corner and get a heavily discounted bike. Remember there's no Six13 nor System6 for 09
No Six13 AND System 6? That's kinda surprising...

Hmm, I checked and the '07 Six13 have the all-carbon fork while for the '08 models, you'll need to get the top of the line Six13 1 to get the all-carbon. Does that matter at all? Otherwise, the Six13 3 with Ultegra seems like a good deal.

I test-rode a Synapse this afternoon and actually loved it. Choices, choices...

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Systems Six if you can locate the correct size at LBS, you won't be dissapointed.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zamboni said:
Systems Six if you can locate the correct size at LBS, you won't be dissapointed.
I tried one and it rode like the Six13 -- well for the short time I tried it anyway so I really couldn't tell the difference. I think it was an '07 with SRAM Rival. Nice bike.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

This thread is old, but I just wanted to ask one more question. I might be able to get the '07 Six13 (for some reason, I prefer the ride of the '07 models versus the six13 5's I tried before). But should I wait till the '09 Six Carbon arrives (in a few weeks right?)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.