Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a via nirone with the ultegra/105 kit and was wondering if anyone has some input on sizing. I'm 6'5" with an inseam of about 35" (pant size, not sure the exact measurement from seat). I've been riding mountain bikes for quite awhile and always end up with around 21"/XL frames. I know there isn't any 100% sure way to say this bike would fit but any rough ideas if this would work out for me?

I went and tried out a few 60-61cm road bikes: specialized allez 61, cannondale synapse 61, and a felt srd 60 and they all felt pretty good. I can compare the geometry of all of them but just wanted some feedback from riders instead of just running the numbers.

Also, just a question about the via nirone in general. Is this a good bike for someone who wants a mix between comfort and race? I'd like to be able to ride the bike for training rides of either shorter or longer distances (20-50 miles on avg) and am curious if this is the right type of bike for me. I'd like to ride in somewhat comfort but not give up too much perfomance. By what I've read the bike seems pretty well fitted to what I'm looking for but once again I'm looking for some input from fellow riders.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the exact bike and from what you describe, It would be a perfect bike for you. I use mine for club rides and training rides for MTB racing.

I too have a 35" inseam measurement, but only 6'-0" tall, but arm length would be a factor.
I'm currently riding a 59cm frame. I also ride a 21" or XL mountain frame.
Check this link and take some measurements to get your frame size.
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.