Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm just getting into biking and I am trying to decide on my first bike. I'm a college student, which means I have a very tight budget. I've been looking around Craigslist for something decent, but I don't really know when I could be passing up a good deal. I found a 2008 Fuji Track for $300, and I was wondering if this is a good price and a good beginner bike. If anyone could fill me in, it would be most appreciated! Thanks.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
If you want a SS or Fixed and it is your size it is a good deal. Make sure it is in good shape and has at least one brake.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Track bike

pauxcide said:
Hi, I'm just getting into biking and I am trying to decide on my first bike. I'm a college student, which means I have a very tight budget. I've been looking around Craigslist for something decent, but I don't really know when I could be passing up a good deal. I found a 2008 Fuji Track for $300, and I was wondering if this is a good price and a good beginner bike. If anyone could fill me in, it would be most appreciated! Thanks.
You should be aware that this is a "fixed gear" bike, which means the pedals rotate when the wheels turn, and you cannot coast. Possibly, somebody converted it to a "single speed" where you can coast. In either case, you have only one gear, so if you have any hills of substance, that may present a serious obstacle.

I would never recommend a fixed gear track bike to a new rider, but others would disagree.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.