Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Maybe the blue tires/wheels was the consequence of saying: "This is so over the top anyways, I'm gonna just go for it!"

So gothic/Victorian, those shapes. A wander around old neighborhoods in London will show what was the inspiration, I think.

A gorgeous thing, that bike.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'mk really glad I own one too, I just wish I'd been a bit more inventive with my colour scheme which is rather dull by comparison! Nice riding bikes actually!.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
paredown said:
Maybe the blue tires/wheels was the consequence of saying: "This is so over the top anyways, I'm gonna just go for it!"
that's what i really like about it. it's so over the top, it's a beaut! a curly hetchins is definitely on the short, short list of bikes i'ld like to own one day.

·
naranjito
785 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
stunning....I wish I had the patience to outline those lugs...who ever did that has a very steady hand
I thought they must have had a few beers... I've seen much better!

Nice bike though, but the wheels just don't fit. silver rims and gumwall tyres would look much nicer, IMO.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's quite a sight. Thanks for sharing. Those tires and rims do look a little out of place given the other very retro components. But, they do look good in a kind of a "clashingly loud" sort of way. An alternative to think about would be keep the blue rims for a hint of blue to tie with the seat tube logo, and mount some Michelin ProRace3 in the ivory sidewalls, for a more traditional look to the tires. Then I might add just small touches of blue to tie in the rims, like say some blue handlebar endcaps and finishing tape and maybe some blue toe straps on those pedals, and a blue bottle cage. That way the blue rims will look intentional and a part of the whole package and not stand out so much. Minor tweeks in the aesthetics make a big difference.

brewster

·
Batteries not required
1,035 Posts
It's so blinged out it's fit for a pimp! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts