Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Isaac Impulse Build - My Stimulus Check is GONE!

I just finished building this new 2008 Isaac Impulse.

I took it on a 40 mile ride this afternoon and all I can say is WOW! What impressed me most and caught me by total surprise was the Selle SMP Saddle. It was so comfortable to ride on. SRAM Red is butter. This is my 2nd bike built with full SRAM Red. I just love it. It's better than any group I have raced. (Regretfully even my faithful Campy Record Groups)

This is my 1st Isaac Frameset and I am so impressed with it that I now want to buy a SONIC Frameset next year. Frame is so comfortable yet stiff in all the right places. I love the BB and the straight fork. What a combo.

The frame specs broken down are as follows:

54cm 2008 Isaac Impulse
SRAM RED Group
Zero Gravity Limited Edition N.E.R.D. Brake Calipers (Incredible in every way)
DEDA Supernatura Handlebar Dark Metal
Deda 100 Stem Dark Metal
Ksyrium SL Premium Wheelset
Michelin Pro3 Race Tires
Selle SMP GLIDER Saddle
Speedplay Zero Pedals
Controltech Carbon Cages
Total Weight: 14.3 lbs as seen here

Enjoy the pics! I hope you like them. :thumbsup:
 

· On the wrong floor again
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
Unreal. I want one!!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terry b said:
Really nice.

Consider a silver seatpost.
The seatpost comes with the frame and is made by Isaac. I kept it because it only weighs 120 grams. It is a mighty fine post too. It doesn't get stuck in the seat tube like a lot of the other carbon frames I have built. It goes in and comes out at the turn of the seat collar. For this reason I have kept it. :thumbsup:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Wow, this bike really does it for me! Definitely ranks up there as one of the nicest builds I've ever seen. Great choice of components. The Zero Gravity brakes themselves are drool worthy.

You know, I never heard of Isaac composite frames before. And unfortunately, their website currently has limited access (a major update is planned on May 20th). But, looks like this is a German company. Seemed like a rather strange name for a bike too, but then I discovered it's in honor of the famous physicist.



Paul
 

· Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paul1PA said:
Wow, this bike really does it for me! Definitely ranks up there as one of the nicest builds I've ever seen. Great choice of components. The Zero Gravity brakes themselves are drool worthy.

You know, I never heard of Isaac composite frames before. And unfortunately, their website currently has limited access (a major update is planned on May 20th). But, looks like this is a German company. Seemed like a rather strange name for a bike too, but then I discovered it's in honor of the famous physicist.



Paul
I'm glad that I could be the one to introduce you to the brand. They are indeed a German company. The bikes are all designed around the philosophy of Isaac Newtons's Egg Theory. That being, the egg is the strongest lightest natural structure in nature. They use this theory as the foundation of their design work. The frames are designed in Germany but they are made in Taiwan. The finish quality is BETTER than my Colnago C50. The ride is out of this world. Like no other I have ridden.

I just got back from a a 2nd 55 mile spin this morning. What a joy to ride this machine. I swear the balance of this bike is not easily described in words. My avg. speed on this bike for the 2 rides has been average 23.2 MPH and my averge watts have been in the 410 range. But the crazy thing is that my legs feel fresh even after the ride. There is literally NO ROAD BUZZ when riding this bike. This in itself is a testament because the roads I train on are out in the middle of no where and are not maintained by the county very well.

It was definitely money well spent. I am getting my money's worth on this build. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
master2129 said:
I'm glad that I could be the one to introduce you to the brand. They are indeed a German company. The bikes are all designed around the philosophy of Isaac Newtons's Egg Theory.
I really appreciate the extra info on Isaac bikes. For sure, I'll be checking out their website again once the new updates are ready. Could be dangerous to my wallet though!

Hope you continue to enjoy the new ride. Sounds like you found the perfect bike for your needs! :thumbsup:

Paul
 

· Growing Older, Not Up
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
Beautiful bike! Sounds like it is treating you right.

I was actually poking around online checking out the Isaac lineup a few days ago. But I was more interested in their "lower" end models like the Kelvin. I would be interested to see how comparable their lineup is top to bottom.

Were able to buy yours locally or did you go thru an online dealer?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crumjack said:
Beautiful bike! Sounds like it is treating you right.

I was actually poking around online checking out the Isaac lineup a few days ago. But I was more interested in their "lower" end models like the Kelvin. I would be interested to see how comparable their lineup is top to bottom.

Were able to buy yours locally or did you go thru an online dealer?
I purchased the bike locally from my friend who owns a shop. He got it for me after I begged him to reach out the US Distributor.

As for the Kelvin, it is built with the same premise as the the higher end frames. The only difference is that it weighs a bit more and is less expensive. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their frames. They are all well built and have solid engineering to back up the design work. It's worth a try. :thumbsup:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
titanio said:
Not from makes sure your front QR is properly set. Did you notice a flex in your front end doing normal riding?, sprinting?
No my bike is 100% mechanically flawless. I was just asking you to see if after 2.5 years if anything on the frame has gone awry. Since your frame has more miles on it. I was just curious. My frame is performing perfectly. No noises or creaks whatsoever.:thumbsup:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
master2129 said:
No my bike is 100% mechanically flawless. I was just asking you to see if after 2.5 years if anything on the frame has gone awry. Since your frame has more miles on it. I was just curious. My frame is performing perfectly. No noises or creaks whatsoever.:thumbsup:

like a said, excellent(worry free) bike, check my toys .....one for road and my cervelo of course for duathlon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2415083210/
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top