Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mad Pharmacist
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Are there any improvement between the 2008 and 2009 Roubaix Expert models? Most of the 2008 models are on sale and the price difference works out to be about $700-800. I can't seem to be able to find the specs for the 2008 model although I imagine they probably made minor improvements/adjustments on their 2008.

Thanks.

Daniel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Daniel,

On the Specialized web site, when you click on 'Bikes' in the upper left hand corner, you can then click on 'Archive'. That will let you click a model year and bike so you can check the specs.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes there is a difference between the 08' and 09's, the 09's are much stiffer especially when climbing and sprinting. Also handling/descending is more stable due to the increased lower bearing in the headtube. Ride quality is probably the same. It's up to you if you think all that is worth $700-800 price difference. Can't go wrong with either one though. I ended up with an 09' expert and it's the best bike i've owned so far :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 09 has some nice upgrades but I went with an 08.

I took the additional money and upgraded the wheel set, which I felt gave me better bang for the buck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I purchased a black 08 last summer, their always going to try and improve on their design unless your the type that always has to have the latest and the greatest go with the 08 and save a few bucks. I just put a set of Reynolds Assaults on my 08 and I'm a happy camper...:thumbsup:

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
09 Roubaix Expert - Testrider.com

pgk - nice looking bike! How did you remove all the Spec decals?

Getting back to the thread, the 09 has the frame improvements found on the SL2. I think you'll only feel differences in acceleration, climbing and cornering if you're a really aggressive rider.

Here's a video review.
http://www.testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=player&video=93

·
Registered
211 Posts
ksanbon said:
pgk - nice looking bike! How did you remove all the Spec decals?

I used a hair dryer to heat up the decals first. They came off very easy, actually saved them, not sure why.. lol.

Thanks

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.