Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm what colors the US distributed CAAD9s will be offered in (specifically the 105 equipped model)? I have seen the UK/European colors on some websites and they appear to be a Liquigas theme and a matte black, but I was curious to see whether these same colors would be offered on the American versions. Thanks.

· Hup, Hup
392 Posts
CAAD9 Sora will be available in BBQ (matte black) and Blue

CAAD9 Tiagra will be available in Dark Grey or White

No 105 version listed

· Hup, Hup
392 Posts
From the information that I have there is no 105 equipped CAAD9 in the 2009 lineup. I agree that it would truly be sad if that is how it is. I am trying to get clarification on it right now.

· Hup, Hup
392 Posts
Here is the latest. As of right now, there is not a 105 CAAD9 in the lineup. However, it seems that there are some other people that feel the same way as you and I do and it is being discussed to add it to the line.

· Hup, Hup
392 Posts
Nimitz said:
and that 105 bike is going to be how much more?....a decent chunk I'm sure. glad I picked up a 2008. well not yet. pick it up on Monday.:D

Chad
CAAD9 Tiagra is coming in at $999.99, the Six with Tiagra is $1399.99 and the step up to a Six with 105 is $1649.99. That would put a CAAD9 with 105 roughly in the $1250ish range? I think that it could do okay.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
cbuchanan said:
CAAD9 Tiagra is coming in at $999.99, the Six with Tiagra is $1399.99 and the step up to a Six with 105 is $1649.99. That would put a CAAD9 with 105 roughly in the $1250ish range? I think that it could do okay.
and what is it at now? the 2008's are all going for $1299 here locally and throughout the state.

I doubt 1250....

Chad

· Registered
79 Posts
I went to my local C'dale dealer and they had 2 '09 CAAD9's built up. One was matte black with 9 speed Sora for like $950, but too small at 54cm. The other was a 58cm (my size) in white with Tiagra for $1038 if I remember right. I have to say the new white paint job is SICK!!! It's going to be a b***h to keep clean, but it'll be worth it, especially when I put the matching white/red stripe Fi'zi:k Arione saddle and Thompson seat post on it. I'm picking it up middle next week with pics to follow.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
slim0861 said:
I went to my local C'dale dealer and they had 2 '09 CAAD9's built up. One was matte black with 9 speed Sora for like $950, but too small at 54cm. The other was a 58cm (my size) in white with Tiagra for $1038 if I remember right. I have to say the new white paint job is SICK!!! It's going to be a b***h to keep clean, but it'll be worth it, especially when I put the matching white/red stripe Fi'zi:k Arione saddle and Thompson seat post on it. I'm picking it up middle next week with pics to follow.

what color is it white//red?

I just picked up an 08 caad9

good thing I got a 08....

Chad

· Hup, Hup
392 Posts
Chad~ The white/red for the 2009 CAAD9 is the same as the white/red that was used on the SuperSix Ultimate in 2008. All white with red lettering.

· Registered
79 Posts
It's almost the same as the '08 Ultimate paint scheme. Not quite as flashy, no silver border to the red lettering. Still sweet. I wanted the '08 R5 until I saw the '09. My only gripe is it's a triple, which I don't want, but I'm also going to put Rival on it and I don't want to wait for them to order a bike I'm going to take apart anyway.

· Registered
10 Posts
Nimitz said:
what color is it white//red?

I just picked up an 08 caad9

good thing I got a 08....

Chad
bah, this is exactly what i went into my LBS to get, but apparently c'dale already had their last run of white so i was SOL... now i'll have to wait and see if c'dale comes out with the 105.. and if it will be in white, otherwise i'll be PO'd more than you can imagine.. nice bike, jealous=me!

· Registered
1,067 Posts
kulapiku said:
bah, this is exactly what i went into my LBS to get, but apparently c'dale already had their last run of white so i was SOL... now i'll have to wait and see if c'dale comes out with the 105.. and if it will be in white, otherwise i'll be PO'd more than you can imagine.. nice bike, jealous=me!
Kula it definitely wasn't an easy find thats for sure...took calling 45 stores and a 7 hour trip to get the bike...but so worth it.

Chad

· Registered
237 Posts
There are a few reasons for the early release, but first let me point out that the prices someone above said they experienced seemed high. We have the CAAD9 7 @ $850.00, and the CAAD9 6 @ $999.00. These are msrp, and great pricing considering it's a CAAD9, and comparing it to other bikes with a similar build for '09. You'll note that the CAAD9's have gone down in price for '09 and are still the same quality and made in the US. I think they'll have a hard time keeping up with demand as I believe, though admittedly biased, that these are the best entry-level bikes on the market for 2009.

I believe the reason for the price decrease, and for the early release of some '09 models is two-fold. One, Cannondale always does an early release right around the end of June. Two, Cannondale needed to hit a certain sales number in order for the price for the company that Dorel is to pay stayed high, and the best way to do that was with some stellar deals.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.