Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super Six HM, Synapse HM, Slice...... The new Super HM looks awesome (and aero), I thought I would keep my current Super Six forever....oh well...this happens every year, time to put my name on the list.

· Registered
23 Posts
Great photos. Where were these taken? I was going to purchase a 2008 Lapierre X-Lite HM this weekend but may hold off for the new Supersixs. Do you know when they will be available to the public with pricing?

Thanks....

· Registered
270 Posts
2009 Cannondale 'Six' vs 'Super Six'

Over at Weight Weenies (http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44926&start=75) there are pictures of the 09 Super Six. I wonder, what is the difference between this 09 Cannondale and the 'Six' pictured in this Post? Is the 'Six' the rumored carbon rear-end, aluminum front end frame? You can see that the 09 Six has a different down tube, top and head tube, too. Also, if you look close enough at the red with white top tube trim of the 'Six' in in the Weight Weenies Post it looks like it is spec'd with 09 Sram Rival.

· Registered
659 Posts
Wow...... When will CANUCKDALE come up with some decent names for the bikes.

SUPER SIX HM?

Dumb and confusing...nomenclature... as if they are trying to confuse the consumers on purpose.

At this rate.... I am waiting for a Super Six System 6 System

· Banned
328 Posts
So I am still confused. First thing, though, these bikes looks nice. CDale should always stay with the classic colors - their bikes always look classic. As much as I like the Liquagas bikes I shutter to think what they look like in 2 years. My read 2006 (I got it in 2005) six 13 still looks awesome.

Here is my question:

So it's synapse - then six which is aluminum front and carbon rear and then super six with all carbon? If so that seems real lame they got ride of the system six - that bike was killer.

i know the synapse is made overseas, any mention of the six bike and where it's made?

· Registered
27 Posts
velomonkey said:
So I am still confused. First thing, though, these bikes looks nice. CDale should always stay with the classic colors - their bikes always look classic. As much as I like the Liquagas bikes I shutter to think what they look like in 2 years. My read 2006 (I got it in 2005) six 13 still looks awesome.

Here is my question:

So it's synapse - then six which is aluminum front and carbon rear and then super six with all carbon? If so that seems real lame they got ride of the system six - that bike was killer.

i know the synapse is made overseas, any mention of the six bike and where it's made?
it's

Synapse
Synapse SL (?)
Synapse HighMod
Six
Six Carbon
SuperSix
SuperSix HighMod

· Banned
328 Posts
the Inbred said:
Super Six HM (US)
Super Six (US)
Six Carbon (Asia full carbon)
Six (Alu front, full carbon rear)
OK, so what is the difference between the HM and the regular super six? It's lugs, right? So what is the difference ride wise? Is it stiffer, lighter - both. And the six carbon is that the synapse? Anyone know where the Six is made? Is it really a CAAD front end with carbon rear? That setup seems so early 2000 where everyone was putting out a frame like that.

I myself thought the system six was a great ride. Really refined over my six 13. Don't get me wrong, I like my six 13, but the system six just seemed like the real level up from the good ol CAAD al frame (which is still a great bike).

I'm excited, but confused.

· Registered
659 Posts
velomonkey said:
join the club..

LOL ...seems like the CANUCKDALE marketing guru's have done their job...

I say rename all the models with different Quebecois names...

(and avoid using the ultra cheesy prefix of 'SUPER')

... come on CANUCKDALE so some originality. Your designs warrant it.

unless of course.. this company is just headed towards anonymity after brand dilution do to the acquisition of the brand...

Look here. for the future..

http://www.dorel.com/press/2008/112785_Dorel.pdf

· Registered
579 Posts
velomonkey said:
OK, so what is the difference between the HM and the regular super six? It's lugs, right? So what is the difference ride wise? Is it stiffer, lighter - both. And the six carbon is that the synapse? Anyone know where the Six is made? Is it really a CAAD front end with carbon rear? That setup seems so early 2000 where everyone was putting out a frame like that.

I myself thought the system six was a great ride. Really refined over my six 13. Don't get me wrong, I like my six 13, but the system six just seemed like the real level up from the good ol CAAD al frame (which is still a great bike).

I can't answer your questions...I just saw the catalog at work. I'd assume the HM is simply lighter.

I, too, thought the System Six was a great ride. However, the Super Six (current model) rides just as well, while killing some of the vibrations. It is the best compromise of stiffness and comfort out there, in my opinion.

I did not get an idea of costs, but I certaily hope the Six (alu/ carbon) comes in under the $2400 that the System Six/ Rival bike was coming in at.

· Registered
27 Posts
Velonews' article about Bennati's custom Super said:
The material differs from the stock version as well. While the production SuperSix uses a blend of mid- and high-modulus carbon fiber Bennati’s bike is made entirely from high-modulus fiber. This bumps the chassis stiffness higher by roughly 20 percent, Cannondale says,. It also shaves between 50 and 100 grams from the weight (an exact comparison can’t be given because the bike’s custom size sits between two production models).
“You learn some things along the way,” he said. “You may see components of Bennati’s requests in the near future.” Struve and Davis confirmed that Cannondale will indeed incorporate these changes into a new model.

there you have it

· Registered
113 Posts
colins said:
no way, look at the top tube; it's almost triangular near the head tube.

After looking at the pictures that STARNUT posted on WeightWeenies, it seems as though it will be difficult to buy any model without a hint a red on it.
I was looking at the down tube near the head tube. Maybe it looks more like CAAD 7.

· Registered
650 Posts
shabbasuraj said:
join the club..

LOL ...seems like the CANUCKDALE marketing guru's have done their job...

I say rename all the models with different Quebecois names...

(and avoid using the ultra cheesy prefix of 'SUPER')

... come on CANUCKDALE so some originality. Your designs warrant it.

unless of course.. this company is just headed towards anonymity after brand dilution do to the acquisition of the brand...

Look here. for the future..

http://www.dorel.com/press/2008/112785_Dorel.pdf
I hate to break it to you, but it was dumb the first time you said it. The second time however it is outright annoying.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.