Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any inside info (or just plain rumors) about what new things Colnago will offer in 2009 besides the new CX-1? Specifically, any updates or changes to the EP, EC, or c50? Will these models continue?

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
I think we already figured out that one will be the CX-1. Does anybody know what the other one will be? I guess we will know in a couple of months because Colnago usually reveals it in September if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
66 Posts
CX-1; EPS (new Extreme Power w/44mm down tube, the 3PRS & new HS system) - I heard rumors about a new TT frame as well.....and prices that will make you look very rich!! Especially on the Italian produced frames - C50 Family, EPS, Master X Light, EXT C, Dream HX - but you are riding history...

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Are those prices that will make us look rich, or are those prices that will require us to be rich to buy the frame, but make us poor shortly thereafter? What I have been hearing about the prices is utterly nuts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I see the 2009 range is finalized on the Colnago website. Looks like we have lost the Dream and Strada with the only Aluminum frames being Taiwanese. I do like Colours for the Master though, especially the retro blue and orange thats new for 2009.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Yep, the Dream HX is no more and the Cristallo is no more. I had been thinking about getting a Dream HX in WXIN, but I guess that isn't going to happen anymore even if I wanted to get one from Maestro. I have 2 Artes and love them both, but the paint jobs on the 2009 models are horrible in my opinion.

At least Colnago came out with a better TT frame than the old C50 Krono version. Can't wait to see how much that thing costs. LOL

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
I would guess the same thing. It seems as though any monocoque frame is too "hard/expensive" for Colnago to build in Italy and that stuff is out sourced instead.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zacolnago said:
I see the 2009 range is finalized on the Colnago website. Looks like we have lost the Dream and Strada with the only Aluminum frames being Taiwanese. I do like Colours for the Master though, especially the retro blue and orange thats new for 2009.
All I can see on the Colnago website is pics of the EPS and CX-1. When I click on "English" on the home page, it opens up another window with pics of these two bikes but no other info or navigation. I wonder if the website is down...

·
Registered
610 Posts
KennyG said:
All I can see on the Colnago website is pics of the EPS and CX-1. When I click on "English" on the home page, it opens up another window with pics of these two bikes but no other info or navigation. I wonder if the website is down...

Right click and select "Show All" from the menu. Should resize the flash movie to fit your screen and show the navigation options. Took me a while to figure that out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree that the colors for 2009 are less attractive than last year. It also appears that there have been no changes to the EC other than paint, and the EPS is going to be too pricey to justify getting over the EC (especially if made in Asia). Okay then, my search for a 54cm EC in ST01 begins!

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
I'll be getting a C50 in ST01 and then calling it quits on new frames/bikes for a while.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
The ST01 in a C50 is a special order in the US. If you haven't ordered it already, chances are pretty slim on getting it. I just saw a ST02 C50 sell for $6,000 on ebay with Record components, some nice bars, a Fizik Arione saddle, and Mavic Ksyrium wheels. Sad thing was that it was my size. If it were in ST01 I would have bought it myself and sold the wheels.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.