Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its almost August, and I am looking for a new cyclocross bike. I'd love to hear which 2009 cyclocross models you have seen available to purchase at your LBS.

Anyone got pictures of the new 2009 models? (Post'em if you got'em)

I was cruising around some of the shops in my area (Northern California), and nobody seemed to have any in stock. With cross season starting in about a month, I thought I would find a few bikes in the showrooms. I wonder why this is not the case?

·
Registered
74 Posts
S2B said:
I was cruising around some of the shops in my area (Northern California), and nobody seemed to have any in stock. With cross season starting in about a month, I thought I would find a few bikes in the showrooms. I wonder why this is not the case?
I just saw some in Roaring Mouse in SF.

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 Titus Carbon/Steel/Ti frames

Titus just released 3 all new cross bikes. They are famous for their custom ti and exogrid mt. and road frames. Made in Tempe, Arizona.
I rode one of the steel/carbon Exogrid bikes (pictured here) at a Titus Demo Tour visit a couple weeks ago. They also come in all ti, and ti/carbon Exogrid

You can see details at www.titusti.com

Disclaimer-I have been riding and selling Titus mountain bikes since 2000.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here in the northeast we have quite the cross season yet very few bike shops will carry cross bikes. Its still a niche market despite its popularity and my shop(one of the biggest in the region)will not assume the risk of bringing in a size run of Cdale or even tricross' i would love to see cross bikes on my own sales floor but it just wont happen. Ask about employee bikes. youll fin them in shops... they will be there, and if they wont let you test em out go elsewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Titus is a beautiful bike. I wish I had the budget to buy one of those, but times are a little tighter right now. I have owned Titus mountain bike frames in the past. They make very nices frames that handle great. The Racer-X that I had a couple years back one of my favorite bikes of all time.

Just curious...What is retail price for the steel/carbon frame?

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
aidforosker, where in the northeast are you? I know here in NH and MA just about every local bike shop in the area carries are fairly good variety of cross bikes. Naults, Goodales, Wheelsworks, Cycleloft and the list goes on.

·
You call that running?
262 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Titus just released 3 all new cross bikes. They are famous for their custom ti and exogrid mt. and road frames. Made in Tempe, Arizona.
I rode one of the steel/carbon Exogrid bikes (pictured here) at a Titus Demo Tour visit a couple weeks ago. They also come in all ti, and ti/carbon Exogrid
Oh gee, a zillion dollar cross bike...you'd think they could dig up a chain guide for it. Kind of a give-away that cross is new to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.