Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In three words: Simply the BEST!

I just received my new custom built set from Edge Composites. 45mm deep DT SWISS 190F 240R with 20/24 spoke count and 1438grams. Full Carbon Clincher I might add and absolutely silent and wicked fast. I'm going to purchase a 66mm custom set next week. I can't wait to test them out on my TT bike.

G

·
I have a set of the 68's in tubular and love them, I do lust for a shallow set as well. The shallow rims are so very light and though I don't need them they are neat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Master,

Sweet wheels. I am glad you like them. I have a set on order and I am getting a little impatient waiting for them.

A couple guestions.... did you weigh them yourself? Does that weight include skewers and/or rimtape? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good to hear

Considering these but would like to get them lighter
Industry nine might be making these with colored hubs an spokes
Don't know weight
Alchemy hubs with these rims might be good
What other set ups to get them in the 1200g range is it possible?

·
likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
i4detail said:
Don't know weight
I am building this set of wheels as we speak. total spec weight: 1,277.7 grams

EDGE COMPOSITES 38 CLINCHER FRONT RIM
DT Swiss 190 FRONT HUB
Sapim CX RAY BLACK BLADED SPOKES Black
583.3 grams

EDGE COMPOSITES 38 CLINCHER REAR RIM
DT Swiss 190 SHIMANO REAR HUB
Sapim CX RAY BLACK BLADED SPOKES
694.4 grams

Add 70 grams for 45mm rims

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
i4detail said:
Don't know weight
Extralite or Tune hubs will get you in that range.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cotocalicyclist said:
Hi Master,

Sweet wheels. I am glad you like them. I have a set on order and I am getting a little impatient waiting for them.

A couple guestions.... did you weigh them yourself? Does that weight include skewers and/or rimtape? Thanks.
The weight is with skewers and rim tape. The wheelset actually is weighed by the person who built the wheels. I of course verified the weight myself with and without the skewers. The wheels DO NOT come with Skewers. I use some lightweight Ti skewers that only add a total of 40 grams to the wheelset. I love this wheelset. My favorite hands down. I like them better than my Zipp 303's and that's saying a lot for me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am thinking of getting these rims as well but using either white ind. hubs or Tune mig/mag.

Not sure which set to go with. Also undecided on spokes. aerolites or cx-rays? I weigh 175. What do u guys recommend?

we need picture of those wheels.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
We weigh the same, every wheel I ride regularly has XRays, except for one rear that has Aerolites, both are great and I've had no problems with them. Most are 18 or 20 front and 24 rear.

I like the Edge 45s too, the 38 hardly seems worth it aerowise and the 60s are too tall for my taste and needs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pictures of my Edge Composites 45mm Wheelset

Sorry it took so long to get these up. I was on the road for business the past couple days. I just had a chance to post these now. They are incredible wheels. Best hands down I've ever ridden.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts