Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my LBS has a 2009 Jamis Quest on clearance for $1,179. I'm interested in purchasing a steel bike and this seemed like a pretty decent deal. Do you think this is worth picking up or should I try and chew them down even further? They only have 1 left and it's my size. Obviously I'd still need to try it out, etc.

Here are the specs:
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/road/quest/09_quest_spec.html

Thoughts on this bike? If you were interested, what would you pay for it?

Thanks,
- Bill

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
You can always give them an offer and see what they say, if they don't take your offer you can still negotiate on other merchandise or upgrade/fit components purchased with the bike and pay the asking price for the bike which doesn't seem too unreasonable in the first place.

Looks like a pretty nice bike for that price to me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Prince said:
You can always give them an offer and see what they say, if they don't take your offer you can still negotiate on other merchandise or upgrade/fit components purchased with the bike and pay the asking price for the bike which doesn't seem too unreasonable in the first place.

Looks like a pretty nice bike for that price to me.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, Maybe see if they'll toss in some clipless pedals or something. I'm presently riding a 2011 Secteur Elite w/APEX which I love, but I'm looking for a new/different riding experience, as well as having a backup bike incase the Secteur is in the shop or whatever. I'm just a casual rider, 75-100 miles/week, country roads of NH, plenty of hills, no racing. I suspect the bike will be a little slower for climbing than my current bike but I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
how dead set are you on a quality steel frame?? I`ve always thaught that if your going for the frame itself.. go for the glory version of the material of your choice.. this case.. 853 reynolds... of high modulus CF.. or 6061-T6 allum. granted..Jamis seems to really know what their doing with their tubes.. heck.. its gotten me thinking of a satelite as im sorta in the market for an entry level road bike lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts