Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my LBS has a 2009 Jamis Quest on clearance for $1,179. I'm interested in purchasing a steel bike and this seemed like a pretty decent deal. Do you think this is worth picking up or should I try and chew them down even further? They only have 1 left and it's my size. Obviously I'd still need to try it out, etc.

Here are the specs:
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/road/quest/09_quest_spec.html

Thoughts on this bike? If you were interested, what would you pay for it?

Thanks,
- Bill

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Prince said:
You can always give them an offer and see what they say, if they don't take your offer you can still negotiate on other merchandise or upgrade/fit components purchased with the bike and pay the asking price for the bike which doesn't seem too unreasonable in the first place.

Looks like a pretty nice bike for that price to me.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, Maybe see if they'll toss in some clipless pedals or something. I'm presently riding a 2011 Secteur Elite w/APEX which I love, but I'm looking for a new/different riding experience, as well as having a backup bike incase the Secteur is in the shop or whatever. I'm just a casual rider, 75-100 miles/week, country roads of NH, plenty of hills, no racing. I suspect the bike will be a little slower for climbing than my current bike but I'm ok with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.