Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ridden both bikes...and I just cannot make up my mind. The Cdale is very stiff and jarring- compared to the Jamis, with the carbon seatstays. I love the clean welds of the Cannondale, though. Can either bike be built up light enough to race? Your thoughts are appreciated! TIA...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
You say you have ridden both bikes. Has that been just short test ride? How do you think that jarring will feel after 30 miles or more? I'd want the one with the carbon stays.

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few people told me to go with the Cannondale- because it can be built race-light(sub 15lbs). I ride a hardtail MTB, so I don't mind that road chatter. I was just wondering if anybody else has ridden the Jamis.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I agree with both Suge and jd3. Assuming you're gonna ride the bike more than look at it, your being enamored with the aesthetics of the C'dale is going to wear very thin if your bod feels beat up.

OTOH, liking the looks of your ride does matter, and there are lots of other choices that may light your fire and provide a decent ride. Consider taking some time to check out other brands. You're going to have the bike a long time so it's worth the time you invest. But whatever it is, make sure it fits!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think there is a slight difference between the CAAD 9 R6 from 2008 which i have and the CAAD 9 R5 for 2009. Anyway, there's nothing cool about having to feel every bump in the road especially on long distance rides. For ex, i did a century last year in Amhurst and there was a long stretch of road where it was being resurface and the potholes were visible. i can tell you it was no fun that my arms took all the stress for that stretch of the ride. my friend rode his trek bike and he told me he didnt feel anything.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Zachariah said:
A few people told me to go with the Cannondale- because it can be built race-light(sub 15lbs). I ride a hardtail MTB, so I don't mind that road chatter. I was just wondering if anybody else has ridden the Jamis.
What do you think it might cost you to retro fit that Cadd into a sub 15 lb bike? It'll cost you more than you paid for the bike in the first place. I ride a hardtail MTB too. No way a fat tired MTB relates to long distance riding on a harsh road bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.