Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope to try cyclocross this fall.. What's the likelihood of the 2008 JtS being marked down in the next couple months? I love the 08 color over the 09 and had hoped to order that model before seeing this post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't mind a bit of green.

I got the 08 JTS 6 weeks ago (ordered it in FEB!!! ... gotta love living in Australia... far away from EVERYTHING!) and was a little worried I wouldn't like the colour. But the photos look nothing like what it ended up being in real life.

Can't wait to see if I can see the 09 in person. If it's good I'll be fighting the urge to swap!

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Greg Hejtmanek said:
But the Jake rocks either one of those two. Which goes to show that white bikes are hard to do right. Jake nailed it. That is a nice looking ride, wouldn't kick it out of my quiver..
Tim Johnson and Todd Wells rocked the C'dale and GT white bikes harder than anyone on a Kona at Nats. :D

·
Cyclocross is Seasonal?
711 Posts
Village said:
I hope to try cyclocross this fall.. What's the likelihood of the 2008 JtS being marked down in the next couple months? I love the 08 color over the 09 and had hoped to order that model before seeing this post.

Not likely. Most of the 08 stuff is goooone.

I happen to have an 08 54 cm Major Jake frame (no fork) brand new that I'm looking to sell, however.

I like the white Major Jake. Even if it's played out, it's still hot.

·
oh lonesome road for you
1,713 Posts
There are still a fair few of those GTs floating around.

I'm considering...but no...don't have the money...gah.

Must get a job in a shop that sells Kona. If I raced a Major Jake, at least I'd get lapped in style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered a 2009 Major Jake...

Just ordered a 2009 Major Jake from my LBS. According to the shop, the Major Jakes will not be available until late September....Can't wait until it arrives and 'Cross season starts!

BTW....If anyone is looking a 2009 Jake the Snake or Jake they are available from Kona now. The availability issue is only with the Major Jakes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.