Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kudos to Kona. They are trying out some different things.

The Honky Tonk is really different, and that is one of the most YELLOW bikes I have ever seen. Unfortunately, prices are not up yet.

·
off the back
15,599 Posts
Good to see at least one major(or I guess semi-major) manufacturer hasn't totally abandoned steel. Kona and Jamis keeping the flag flying.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Word is also that Bianchi, which basically did away with their steel line this year, is bringing a number of them back, including the Pinella, a high level lugged steel frame (don't know the name), and the mid range Dolomiti (below). I guess retro is the new white......

Note the difference in seatstay placement...these are probably two different frames.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It was only a matter of time before there was a sudden realization that...steel bikes ride really nice despite their (minuscule) weight penalty

I'm glad to see that Bianchi is back on board, dropping their steel line was pretty stupid considering I still see way more steel Bianchi bikes (newer ones included) than any of their aluminum or carbon.

Kudos to Kona, Jamis, and Bianchi. I am hoping Trek will carry over at least a couple of the steel Lemond models and rebadge them as Trek or Klein or Bontrager or whatever name suits them.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,888 Posts
Kapu

It looks like the yellow Kapu even has eyelets for a rack!

Traditional diamond steel frame with chrome lugs, what's not to love!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Kona had the Kapu for 08 too in orange. Since my wife can egt them at cost direct, I am really thinking of picking one up, and if unhappy with the ride can just get a new frame (+seatpost + FD-unless I got a nice ti frame). Plus I love yellow!

·
my legs hurt
1,041 Posts
dt shifters FTW!

I think that offering cheap bike with DA dt shifters is genius! I love it!

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
FatTireFred said:
whoa nelly... dt shifters?!
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure this out- Dura ace DT shifters- $75.
105 STI levers- $250-$350.

Figure going with DT shifters, you cut the cost and lower the weight, so you can offer more bike for less money...

Brifters are so ridiculously expensive right now that I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgence of DT shifters- especially with the increased number of semi-practical/sport touring/non-race-focused road bikes starting to pop up.

Love that bianchi.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
buck-50 said:
Figure going with DT shifters, you cut the cost and lower the weight, so you can offer more bike for less money...

in theory, yes... but in this $900 example the rest of the bits are tiagra/tektro/105/wellgo/housebrand

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup. I saw that one. Good deal.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.