Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the rep Cannondale will release a products road map on the week of July 13 08, will see if Six13 survive the cut and they will keep System Six for next year with slight mod to the 09 frame.

·
extremely biased
874 Posts
uh no.......

System and 613 are no mas.

Two new frames........... one all carbon and a new alloy front carbon rear.

So thats the 2 new frames, the super, the super high mod (or whatever they are going to call it), caad, and the Synapse alloy/sport, and carbon.

Starnut

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that mean my System six is a classic ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
zamboni said:
Is that mean my System six is a classic ?
:cryin: yep :cryin:

Obsolete springs to mind and a good excuse for a new bike (If only the budget existed)

But where do you go from a System Six??? :confused: when you're after that power transfer and comfort.
Look 595 Ultra? Colnago extreme?

·
Registered
80 Posts
STARNUT said:
uh no.......

System and 613 are no mas.

Two new frames........... one all carbon and a new alloy front carbon rear.

So thats the 2 new frames, the super, the super high mod (or whatever they are going to call it), caad, and the Synapse alloy/sport, and carbon.

Starnut
Everyone I've talked to (rep, C-dale inside folks) say System SIx survives the cut. I hope so- I just got one two weeks ago, and think it's a fantastic bike. I didn't expect it to be a comfortable as it is, for such a laterally stiff bike.

·
extremely biased
874 Posts
tommyrod74 said:
Everyone I've talked to (rep, C-dale inside folks) say System SIx survives the cut. I hope so- I just got one two weeks ago, and think it's a fantastic bike. I didn't expect it to be a comfortable as it is, for such a laterally stiff bike.

I just (as in 5 minutes ago) got off the phone with my rep and confirmed: no system; no 613. I should know more in a few weeks as we're headin' Utah for the dealer meetings and to see the new '09 line.

There are 2 new frames. Well 3 if you count the "new" supersix.

Starnut

·
Registered
80 Posts
STARNUT said:
I just (as in 5 minutes ago) got off the phone with my rep and confirmed: no system; no 613. I should know more in a few weeks as we're headin' Utah for the dealer meetings and to see the new '09 line.

There are 2 new frames. Well 3 if you count the "new" supersix.

Starnut
That sux. I think the System is a great frame.

I work for a dealer, but I don't get to go to Utah.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Starnut - any word on their MTB line up? I had heard rumors that they were going to come out with a Scalpel 29er (or some other full susp 29er??).

Appreciate any info as I'd like a new Scalpel, but would get the 29er if its coming out for '09.

·
Registered
152 Posts
STARNUT said:
We'll know in about 10 days.

Starnut
Thanks. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
colins said:
This is probably asking too much, but any rough estimate of when the new product line will be available? It's usually around October that the next year's lineup is rolled out, ya?
I ordered a System Six about mid-July last year. The bike came in late August and my LBS said I just slide ib under the wire, the 08s were starting to become available. He also said once the online catalogue changes the model year switch over complete.

·
Registered
180 Posts
As an owner of a System 6, I could actually see Cannondale cutting it. Not that it is a bad bike, but I cannot see it being cheaper to manufacture than a Super. It is basically half a Super and half a CAAD9.

If the CAAD bikes are upgraded to have an aluminum version of the System's head tube, it would be a great improvement. I would also like to see Cannondale return to high-end aluminum, and not continue to push their aluminum to cheaper and cheaper models.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.