Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of getting a tri bike to take the clip on aero bars off my Allez. Local guy is selling an '09 Quintana Roo Seduza. Assuming good condition on it what so you think it's worth? Bike was $1900 new, is carbon with 105 front and Ultegra rear. Any thoights on the bike or brand?

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
338 Posts
Is that an example of what not to buy?
I am not a tri person but that bike is junk. The frame is trashed.
I love the shipping damage excuse. Nobody accepts damage like that caused by the shipper.

Move on, nothing to see here.
Thanks for your OPINION, richard. If it was my size and I was close enough, I would have gone to check it out and possibly test ride it. Also, the idea was if you look around there can be lots of deals, especially w/ tri/TT bikes.

FYI, I'm not sure that a 4 year old seduza w/ 105 is worth that price.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you look around-- I was in the market for a TT bike and searching craigslist thru the engines I came across this-- wrong size for me though.

Quintana Roo Triathlon Time Trial Bike Sram Hed H3C more! (size SMALL)
Thanks for the input. I have searched high and low on Craigslist and Ebay. The thing is, I don't really NEED a tri bike. I bought a CX bike recently, and my road bike is in great shape. So I am not looking to drop a lot of cash. This Quintana Roo was found on Craigslist, just happened to be local to me (and I live in a very small market). The ad has since expired and he is looking to sell so I can probably just about name my price, but want to be fair to both of us. It may be a touch small for me though, I will be test riding it first.

Any thoughts on value? Looking at a picture it may actually be a '08, which has Dura Ace rear and shifters (10 speed).

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your OPINION, richard. If it was my size and I was close enough, I would have gone to check it out and possibly test ride it. Also, the idea was if you look around there can be lots of deals, especially w/ tri/TT bikes.

No, $1900 is what it was new. I would not be paying close to that.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I had a caliente a few years back - similar frame design. They are excellent tri/tt bikes - the company and Dan Empfield (founder) are the ones who pioneered tri geometry. It is more aero inspired than wind tunnel tested, but has the right elements. I recall internal cable routing to be a pain, so don't remove any cables thinking you'll quickly replace them if you get it.

It's now a dated design compared to recent frames so I'd except a big decline in value. If it's used 105 and a basic used wheelset with signs of wear etc., I wouldn't offer more than 40% of original price and start at $600ish. I'd expect to find a frame on ebay similar to it for $400 or even less and used 105 has little value.

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts

First you hijack a thread then you resort to name calling both here and in a private message? Nice.

Oh, and that bike is still trashed even if the guy did it himself.

338 Posts
First you hijack a thread then you resort to name calling both here and in a private message? Nice.

Oh, and that bike is still trashed even if the guy did it himself.
Well, it's not my bike, but when you keep posting comments like these to things I've posted (multiple times), eventually you'll elicit a response.

now, back to the actual topic.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly, I wouldn't give more than $1000. You can get it in brand new condition for $1900
Guys $1900 was the price new. I am not going to pay that for a 4 year old bike with 105. I am looking for input on what to pay now. I am thinking 700-800. Seller said they upgraded components. I am going to check it out from there.

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
Guys $1900 was the price new. I am not going to pay that for a 4 year old bike with 105. I am looking for input on what to pay now. I am thinking 700-800. Seller said they upgraded components. I am going to check it out from there.
Sorry, I was confused by the number.

I've negotiated a price for a used bike outside of a bike shop. Then--before buying the bike--we took the bike into the shop for an inspection. When we realized that the chain was stretched, the cassette was worn, the wheels needed to be trued, etc, I asked the shop for an estimate for all of the work and then subtracted that from my offer to the seller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.