Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking input from those who have actual long distance ride time on the new 2009 Ridley Noah. Really like the appearance and reviews on the Noah although trying to figure out if it is too stiff for distance riding. Here is my profile.

Type: Recerational
Average Ride Distance: 130 miles (1 to 2 times a week)
Average Ride Climb: 7,000 to 8,000 feet
Terrain; Mountainous and flat
Wt: 190 Lbs

·
Registered
261 Posts
Someone started a thread about their Noah not long ago from memory.
Although they may have been snowed in with their new bike?
Search might find it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a couple of Ridley Noah's, great bike but just too stiff for me, rough ride. Don't get me wrong this is a super fast race bike, but I just felt like I was getting beat up riding it. You might want to look at the Helium if you are looking for something more forgiving.

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
wrong bike

Noah's not for you. It's a super stiff race bike, basically a sprinters bike. Great for McEwen. Helium is more of a GC bike, better climber, all arounder. Great for Evans. Ride quality is supurb, but the bike is very, very close to an excaliber. the rear end is different, the carbon better quality but the main triangle and the angles are virtually identical. Plus the excaliber is a lot, lot cheaper, and you don't have the stress over the integrated seat post. Rode the excaliber for 1-2 years and have been on the Helium for a little over a year. The scandium is a really nice bike and a little more relaxed in terms of geometry.
If you're doing 130 mile rides a couple times a week, you really should be looking elsewhere. My first pick would be a ti bike. For the same price you're talking for the Noah you could get a super sweet custom Ti. Moots, Desalvo, strong, and erikson make phenomenal bikes that will last a lifetime. Likewise a steel bike could be even better tuned to your specs and would be even cheaper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the 09 Noah and must concur with some of the other threads. The integrated seatpost makes it super stiff in the saddle and may not be the bike for your needs. My rides are typically 60 miles and under with a century thrown in occasionally. Havent had the century yet this year but can say from the other rides its not something I am looking forward to. Dont get me wrong, wouldnt trade this bike for anything. it suits me for the rides that I do and is an exceptional climbing bike. It also looks pretty dang sweet and I am willing to sacrifice some comfort for all the other positives

·
Registered
27 Posts
im getting my 2009 noah today. got a sweet deal on the frameset that i could not refuse, so im gonna give it a try. i know i'll love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts