Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
\m/
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LBS just called and informed his Specialized sales rep has a few 2009 SL2 for pre-release sale. So I ordered the 09' carbon/silver frame, it'll be here in the next week or two.

Here is the 09' colors (or at leaset the 09 frame set only colors)

·
\m/
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This pre-release they are being sold at 2008 prices; $2,900 MSRP. After that they will going up in price 10 to 15% according to my LBS.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Man, I would love to have the black and white frame. I have a specialized dealer that is less than a mile from my house but the closest s-works dealer is out of state, about 300 miles away. I would love to buy one from my local dealer but he has to buy two to three complete bikes and a frame or two. Two years ago he bought the minimum order and his still has a complete bike and a frame set.

Since I am spending my money, I do not want to settle for a tarmac pro. I will end-up buy a cervelo r3-sl.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
the Inbred said:
odd...there are more 2009 frames available than 2008.
Very odd. I asked my LBS to check the availability of the '09 Tarmac's and they checked with the rep (who said he checked with Spec) and the answer back was Oct/ Nov. It's difficult to get good info until the bikes hit the LBS's.

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
I have the black and white "raw" 08 module. I like it.

:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love the 09 black and white because it is very similar to Stijn Devolder bike. Just need a little yellow and red on the underside of the downtube.

The Colnago CXL in black and white is very sexy but there is something wrong with a Colnago with shimano. A local has the CXL with Record carbon and that bike is a distraction when in a paceline.

·
\m/
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PJ352 said:
Very odd. I asked my LBS to check the availability of the '09 Tarmac's and they checked with the rep (who said he checked with Spec) and the answer back was Oct/ Nov. It's difficult to get good info until the bikes hit the LBS's.
Mine was shipped out today, it will be here on Monday. That sucks though because I will not have it paid off until July 15th. :( Oooo and my SRAM Red Group will be here on Saturday (paid for).

I'll take some photos for everyone on Monday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
very nice. odd that the '09 are coming in when I had a hard time getting an '08 frame.
did you get a weight on your frame?
my 56cm came in at 1020 sans fork

i'll be going for a campy build, my old chorus/centaur till the '09 stuff gets out

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love the frame, very sweet. Keep us updated on the progress. I'm loving my 08' Raw SL2. I think they are more available now because the SL2 model has been in production long enough now to work out all the issues/demand that occured when the model was initially launched. My 54CM frame weighed 975 grams.

·
\m/
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:D :D :D :D

Now all that's left is to wait until my pay check on the 15th to finish paying for the frame.

·
\m/
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Built up my new ride tonight. Here are a few pics; I'll take more photos tomorrow morning during it's first ride. :)

Bike specs:
- SRAM Red
-- Levers
-- Derailers
-- Crank & Cassette
-- Brakes; will replace with Zero Gravity in the further
- Ritchey WCS Carbon Evolution bar
- Ritchey WCS 4-Axis 44 (carbon on on order/10mm shorter)
- Specialized Toupe Saddle (Selle Italia Flite Kit Carbonio on order)
- Speedplay Zero pedals
- Pro 3 Race tires
- Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset; will replace with Zipps or Mavic carbon wheels, 09 Powertap & Garmin 705 when I have the $$

I'm headed to Austin on the 19th to be fitted with Specialized's BG Fit system.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.