Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can information on the singlespeed cyclocross world championships be found? I want to take my simple racer out of state this year, and the WC's looks like fun.

C Cow

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sscxwc

Thanks Mr. Butter. I knew you'd be the one to answer.

I'm curious what their range is for a location. I assumed it was a primarily northwest event. I guess I won't reserve the coorporate jet just yet, maybe it'll be a little closer to the barnyard this year.

Have you attended any of the previous SSCXWC's?

C Cow

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
I've never been myself, but a few locals drove up from UT and did quite well.

By all accounts, its a blast. Personally I am not much for the Bacchanalia type atmosphere but that's just me.

Another option might be racing SS at Nats in Bend.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was at the first one, a lot of fun!
Hopefully I can go to 09, well see where it lands.

I will definitely be in Bend for the Nationals.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am pretty sure it is in P town and should be for a while. My understanding is that they own the event and can do what they want. They have in the past, jumped on as the last race of a Cross Crusade card. I am thinking 1st weekend in November. That way they can get some top pros to join the mayhem.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Greg, might want to click the SSCXWC link above. You don't need to think it's the first weekend, it has already been set for November 8th, the second weekend. As to it being in P town...
SSCXWC website said:
The SSCXWC will be packing its bags and leaving Portland next year. We can’t discuss the details yet, because we don’t know them. But rest assured, the process of selecting the new location will be both mysterious and complicated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Crapola, don't look at that website that hasn't changed since November for one day and miss a major announcement. Didn't realize Sunday was Nov 1st. I did mean the first full weekend in November. I am thinking that the 09 event (this years) event is indeed in P town and 2010 is on the road somewhere. I can't imagine anywhere better outside of Belgium to hold the event.
Unlike the mtb SS champeenships event, Cross has a hard time having over 100 riders in the field. P town had around 120-140 ish guys in the qualifier. I don't think half the field knew or cared what lap they were on in the final last year. If you are thinking of going this is a really really fun event (and hard as you want it to be, too). My hat is off to the race directors for keeping it real and having an event the best and worst guys in the country can enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts