Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
sbindra said:
Just like cars, Giant will likely release it '09 bikes sometime in the fall of 2008. Last few years new bikes are announced in October and dealers start getting delivery in November.
well info usually leaks out during the early summer months. Im not sure about Giant but most other companies have their new models for sale around August. I have never heard of new models taking all the way to November to start delivery. heck most bikes are usually already on close out in October because of the new models.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
I just got a 2007 TCR advanced frame at the beginning of this season.
200 grams lighter, 42% stiffer. Sob. Sniffle.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
I hate anyone who can and will order the new SL model. I hate you personally
and on principle. Seriously, I am so way in love with my 07 Advanced non-ISP
that every riding experience is both an experience of joy and infinite pain. It is
difficult for me to imagine how much stiffer and vertically compliant the new model
is. In a few years, I will be riding one.

· Registered
1,326 Posts
The thinner cross-section is due to 1) seatstays are not subjected to torsional
stresses that twist laterally, so the thinner OD is lighter, more aerodynamic,
and makes the most efficient stucture - highest material quantity\strength ratio.
2) Vertical compliance and ride characteristics can be most directly affected
by fine-tuning the seatstay, since this is where most of the road feel (and the fork)
conducts up through the seat.

· Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
It looks like they missed a spot on the top tube. It's the only spot that doesn't have a billboard sized "Giant" on it. I love my advanced...can't remember if it's an 05 or 06....but I'm pretty indifferent to the new ones. I find all the branding/decals to be a bit much.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.