Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new set of training wheels (no not that kind, I need winter wheels).

I can purchase these two wheels brand new for the same price however the Aksiums are slightly less hassle. These are the two options I have and really can't tell the difference between them...

2010 Mavic Ksyrium Equipe

2013 Mavic Aksium S

From what I tracked down online the 2013 Aksiums are actually ligher than the 2010 Ksyriums. In three years has technology tricked down to the point that its a wash?

Thanks
T

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
I need a new set of training wheels (no not that kind, I need winter wheels).

I can purchase these two wheels brand new for the same price however the Aksiums are slightly less hassle. These are the two options I have and really can't tell the difference between them...

2010 Mavic Ksyrium Equipe

2013 Mavic Aksium S

From what I tracked down online the 2013 Aksiums are actually ligher than the 2010 Ksyriums. In three years has technology tricked down to the point that its a wash?
Better wheels available at that price, or equal quality wheels at lower prices. Bicycle Wheel Warehouse is one place to look but there are many others. MAVIC wheels are overpriced for what you get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.