1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
she keep you buyin rats
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010 Vuelta a España
www.cyclingnews.com/features/vuelta-a-espana-start-list
www.cyclingnews.com/races/65th-vuelta-a-espana

August 28 - September 19. It's the 75th anniversary. Stage 1 will be a TTT held at night. 18k course through Seville, run from 9pm to 11pm!

The leaders jersey will be red instead of gold.

For the Sprints... Cavendish is on HTC's start list, Petacchi is still on Lampre's start list, Farrar for Garmin.

Overall money so far is going on Menchov, FSchleck and Nibali...

www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/cycling/vuelta-a-espana/winner

·
Albert Owen
1,041 Posts
Nibali, Frank Schleck are good bets. Menchov might be tired and not up for it. I would add L.L.Sanchez. He's a class rider who has had a quiet year.

Cav will win a few sprints as he warm up for the World Champs - which he will win.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
albert owen said:
Nibali, Frank Schleck are good bets. Menchov might be tired and not up for it. I would add L.L.Sanchez. He's a class rider who has had a quiet year.

Cav will win a few sprints as he warm up for the World Champs - which he will win.
How come Menchov has better chances than Andy Schleck? What's the rationale here? is it that Menchov taking it more seriously, or that he won it before?

·
she keep you buyin rats
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
55x11 said:
How come Menchov has better chances than Andy Schleck? What's the rationale here? is it that Menchov taking it more seriously, or that he won it before?
He won the '05 and '07 Vuelta... and from what I'm hearing ASchleck isn't "targeting" the race for himself.

·
she keep you buyin rats
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
albert owen said:

Yep... lookin' for LL Sanchez to have a breakout GT at some point... and a Vuelta is what I'd expect.

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
Frank Schleck might podium but.... are there any long TT in the Vuelta? I think the fight could be between Nibali and Menchov...

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I'm thinking Frank Schleck as well...if he's in decent condition. I don't think Andy has run himself over at TDF so he could end up being a decent domestique for the hills, although I do think he's a contender if he plans(/ed) to be so.

Menchov is questionable because I also think he's possibly wearing down for the year. But I think a Frank beating him is a matter of Frank's condition.

·
Registered
487 Posts
if I was betting, with those odds, I might put some money on LL Sanchez... (if the Vuelta is a major goal for him this season)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Going with Andy. Frank might not be in top shape. Andy just wont let it go. Excellent consolation prize for the season that will make Bert tremble a little.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
AdamM said:
Nibali looks like a good choice, imo.
Yeah, I'm thinking Nibali as well. He is fresh and seems primed for this.

I suspect Andy will help Frank and only go for it if Frank tells him that the legs
Aren't there.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Sanchez looks interesting...

note this quote from the cyclingnews preview:
"the race is crammed full of shorter and less steep climbs designed to blow the race apart on an almost daily basis.'

might be a very fun race to watch.

·
For the Horde!
70 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Sanchez looks interesting...

note this quote from the cyclingnews preview:
"the race is crammed full of shorter and less steep climbs designed to blow the race apart on an almost daily basis.'

might be a very fun race to watch.
Is this even televised?

cuz I sure would like to watch it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think Universal Sports has it online for $15. Which i would assume means they are going to show it on TV as well. but that might be a bad assumption with Universal Sports...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts