Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the B16 the dest deal for an entry level tri bike? The new B16 costs less than $2K and comes with Ultegra components. Is this the best deal for a first tri bike? I've raced in a couple tri's now with my road bike and I'm thinking it's time to purchase a tri specific bike. I've looked around and other bikes in that price range have aluminum frames even......

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
sdw5012 said:
Is the B16 the dest deal for an entry level tri bike? The new B16 costs less than $2K and comes with Ultegra components. Is this the best deal for a first tri bike? I've raced in a couple tri's now with my road bike and I'm thinking it's time to purchase a tri specific bike. I've looked around and other bikes in that price range have aluminum frames even......
The Quintana Roo Seduza, Jamis Xenith, Ketrel Talon, Cervelo P2, Specialized Transition Comp, Blue Triad SP, and Felt's B16 and B14 all offer models in the $2000-2800 price range. The key element to getting the speed and efficiency maxmized for your purchase is to be fit and choose the bike that will allow you to be set up in that posiiton. You may find the Felt does not work with your fit requirements.

But, yes, the B16 is the best deal for an entry level TT/Tri bike :)

-SD

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just purchased the Quintana Roo Seduza at around $2000 is on order right now should have it in a few weeks. Carbon Frame Ultegra rear and 105 Front. I tried the Specialized Transition Since I also own a Tarmac but the transition was to short

Added Speedplay pedals and replacing the saddle with the Specialized Romin Expert Elite.

Main thing is find the bike that fits you best and don't get hung up on a specific brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts