Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The retail for the frameset is $4999.

looks like i will have to break the piggy bank. sweet looking frame though. lots of nice tech upgrades. They are still keeping the 928 sl in the lineup for 2011, but as a frameset only, and its price remains the same at $3199

I think the record bike was $10999 and the dura ace was at $8999

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dang, $5K for the frame and fork, that is insane in the membrane! I guess that is what this industry is coming to, and us suckers keep paying it. Everyone should start riding steel and aluminum again, return to the dark ages...

2 questions:
1) Do you know when 2011 availability will start at dealers?

2) Will the 928SL get BB30 also (Oltre and Sempre both have it), or will it stick with a traditional English Threaded BB?

That is a good scoop on the price though, thanks for sharing the info.

Josh

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure when they will actually be available (ie in the stores), but you should be able order them pretty soon, if not now since the pricing is out

no, the 928sl will remain exactly the same as the 10 model. it will help keep the cost down to where it is since they don't have to do a redesign or anything. still pretty nice bike and not that bad at $3k for the frameset

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Yikes, 5k for the frame? :eek: Makes the SL seem like a bargain and the T-Cube seem cheap.

I just went to the international website and noticed the SL is available in a lot more colors.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
...but you wouldn't buy anything but Celeste, would you?

$5000 fits the name of the bike btw.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
kbwh said:
...but you wouldn't buy anything but Celeste, would you?
As long as there's some Celeste, I'm fine. This turned out alright, although if Selle Italia had a Celeste saddle, I would have indeed gone with it instead of white.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
:yikes: Is that a COMPACT CRANK? :D

On the serious side I notice that tou run your cear cables behind the handlebar. My SR rear shift is borderline sticky, so I shall try this. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
kbwh said:
:yikes: Is that a COMPACT CRANK? :D

On the serious side I notice that tou run your cear cables behind the handlebar. My SR rear shift is borderline sticky, so I shall try this. Thanks.
Despite being much less manly, nobody complains about my compact gearing when I'm dropping them in the hills. :D Actually, nobody really complains about compact cranks around here. Given my power/weight ratio, I can generally go up fairly steep climbs without having to drop my cadence from my usual ~110 rpm, although I don't have anything on the bike to calculate the gradient in an effort to keep it extremely light. I can't recall any of my races this year having more than a 10%.

The way my cables are laid out allow my Record 11 to shift quite well. I've been extremely happy with it. It made my '06 Chorus feel cheap. Some day I might get SR, but Record 11 impressed the hell out of me. I kinda wish I could have the capability to made bigger sweeps (like changing a tire on a hill....trust me)/

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
I would be grateful if you could post the stats and better graphs of your climbs?

like that I could set me up a new goal in life to HTFU

kthkx

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Salsa_Lover said:
I would be grateful if you could post the stats and better graphs of your climbs?

like that I could set me up a new goal in life to HTFU

kthkx
No plans of putting anything beyond my Polar on the T-Cube to keep it light, but I suppose I can ask someone with a Garmin at the next race. I plan on getting a power meter to train on my old Bianchi and one on my TT bike to keep my pacing more even and track progress (or regress).

A friend of mine has some hill climb data for our hill abuse course, but I typically hold back to stay with the group until the final two hills. Even the compact gearing isn't enough for hills like that.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
redundant post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

First time post, given the discussion on the 2011 Bianchi range thought I'd post a pic of my 2011 Bianchi 928 SL IASP. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Loving it !
What can I say, it’s everything the reviews say it is. Coming from a 928 Luna which I enjoyed immensely, this gem is extremely lite, rigid and fast, mind you the Boras help in that area.
Using Shamals for everyday though, great wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That thing looks so sick with your build. Excellent taste.

How did you get a 2011, my LBS has been telling me the Bianchi rep said they won't be available until end of Sept. Is that bike in the US? Cause we can't get that color here (at least for 2010).

Thanks for sharing, great work!!!

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Yeah, mine had enough trouble getting 2010 stuff and was getting teased with 2011 stuff.

BTW, Campy makes the best looking wheels on the market. I'd race the heck out of them if I had an endorsement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Joshua,
I’m in Australia and I had to wait months for my frame as Bianchi stopped production for 2010 midyear to start production for the 2011 range.
It must be one of the first. Ask me how I know that its 2011 bike?
Well, the new 2011 range have the 125 year decal on the bikes and unfortunately Bianchi have removed the "Handmade in Italy Reparto Corse" decal at the bottom of the seat tube. Previous IASPs did not have the 125 year celebration decal.
Thanks for your positive comments: Build includes: 11 Speed Super Record, Selle Italia CX0, FSA Plasma, Bora Ultra 2 and Shamal Ultra.

Cheers Joshua.

·
Stay Fit!
182 Posts
This is just SICK! I love it. Congrats on owning a super sweet ride.

MDD1 said:
Hi All,

First time post, given the discussion on the 2011 Bianchi range thought I'd post a pic of my 2011 Bianchi 928 SL IASP. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Any idea of the weight? Just curious, not that I'm not satisfied with my Sub 14lb bike (mostly due to the small size).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi spade,
To be honest, I haven’t weighed it yet but I’m thinking about 6.5kg which equates to about 14.1lb. I could be wrong. I will weight in the near future and provide you with accurate figures.
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts