Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked and the 2011 models are up on the website. I am really not loving the colors they have chosen.

·
Registered
520 Posts
the colors seem pretty safe to me... a lot of red, black, and white, with the exception of the lime green on the campy roadracer.

the ultegra roadracer with the gold or bronze accents on all black is a beauty.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Interesting, I really like the green. I don't think the site is fully up to date yet. One link says the SL01 is all carbon, the page for it says it has an aluminum main triangle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Darn, looking to buy my first roadbike, but I find the 2011 colors quite boring. The 2009 SL01 with the orange looks pretty spiffy.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
rezenclowd3 said:
Darn, looking to buy my first roadbike, but I find the 2011 colors quite boring. The 2009 SL01 with the orange looks pretty spiffy.
You can still get them at competitive cyclist. But better yet, get a 2010 in the blue/black or a 2011 and I'll trade ya :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Impec has its own tab at the top. Personally I do not like the SNC on the impec. Looks like some chineese toy mold. Much too industrial look for me, and it does not use the very cool "streampost". I still would be envious of those who purchase one ;-)

·
Iohannes fac totum
3,151 Posts
rezenclowd3 said:
The Impec has its own tab at the top. Personally I do not like the SNC on the impec. Looks like some chineese toy mold. Much too industrial look for me, and it does not use the very cool "streampost". I still would be envious of those who purchase one ;-)
It does have a little robocop feel to it, but I still thinks it a pretty cool bike. The seatpost.......still looks like something similar to a streampost, just without the wedgie. I just might drool on one if I ever come across one.

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
My 1st of 2 Impecs show up in a month or so. We'll have the Team color with SR11 around the 1st of Oct and the Noble with Di2 in Nov.

There are only about 25 (Im one of those) dealers and no interwebs sales. One thing to take into account is all the "stuff" you get with it. You get a very nice bag/case thing they ship it in, custom saddle bag, cage, bottle, stand, and something else.

It's a process to get one for sure. If you really want one I'd highly suggest getting on the horn and finding a dealer, 'cause it's going to be a wait if you wait.

Also, everyone has been making this thing out to be way expensive. With full Red, EA90 painted stem, EC70 bars, SI Kit Carbino saddle, and EA90 wheels it's $7499. Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of money. It however is not marginally more expensive than other offerings from Trek, Spec, Cannondale (the new bike), Giant, Pinarello, Cervelo etc with the same spec. In fact it's cheaper than a lot of those. I'd highly suggest not just buying a frame as it's $5500 and you'll get a MUCH better deal on a full bike. They are offering Red, Di2, 7900, and SR with a few wheel options. Your Impec dealer will switch out whatever you don't want.

they updated the site. http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/impec/factory-tour.html

Having been there and seen the factory and them making the bikes I can tell you it's a pretty cool process and it's exactly what it looks like in the vids on that page. The coolest machine in there was the painter and the 'blue eye' glue gun thing.

Also, having ridden it I can say it's a totally different ride than anything else I've been on :D .

Starnut

·
Registered
239 Posts
STARNUT said:
the SL01 is all carbon.....Starnut
:eek: :cryin:
rezenclowd3 said:
All Carbon SL01 :confused: +$1,900 as in = $2,900 frame set :mad:

This and the SXL01 too - it's the end of an era - it's like the end of muscle cars all over again :cryin:

The aluminum trident is dead!:mad2:

The SL01 was a COST EFFECTIVE crit racing speed weapon - sprinting BEAST - and orange = :cool:

BMC is pricing themselves out of the mid range - they don't want to be an everyman's bike in America -IMO

Hey STARNUT,
You went to the factory and checked out the bikes, right?
Did you ride the '11 SL01/SL02?
Are you going to stock them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wasn't the older SL01s in that frameset pricerange? I figured the '09 was so very cheap from competitive cyclist BECAUSE it was an older frame? It does say orig price $2999. My budget is from $1500-$2000, but if I have to stretch that for a decent setup, I will. The other models I thought about are a Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 ($2500), Pinarello FP2 ($2700), Caad9 4 ($1700) or Cannondale Six Carbon 5 ($2200). I do not have an LBS to try ANY of these out. With CCs NQA policy, and if I am happy with a <$2000 bike, then awesome, more money later to upgrade to lighter rotating parts. Thoughts? New guy here, so many very cool options out there...

Going BMC would be nifty because it would be very unique....and $1700 for the '09 model really is tempting. Should I post this in the beginners corner instead?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
From the looks of it, the Street Racer is taking place of the older Road Racer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup, don't know the prices yet though. The Street Racer is an all aluminum frame however. If I am to buy an all aluminum, I will go with Cannondale...

·
Registered
662 Posts
The 2009/2010 bmc frame originaly was like 1200 bucks so whats the compain then? the full bike was like 2500 bucks a few months ago then BMC apparently decided to just lower the price, thats called market positioning and sort of worked after all. All the people who was craving one got one. Regarding the new 2011 frames BMC did the most obvious thing, go carbon. I sent an email to BMC america and the price for the 2011 roadracer is To Be determined, the slo1 and the slo2 are the same frames but the components make the difference. It will be offered as a frameset? WHO KNOWS!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The 2009/2010 bmc frame originaly was like 1200 bucks so whats the complain then? the full bike was like 2500 bucks a few months ago then BMC apparently decided to just lower the price, that's called market positioning and sort of worked after all. All the people who was craving one got one. Regarding the new 2011 frames BMC did the most obvious thing, go carbon. I sent an email to BMC america and the price for the 2011 roadracer is stillTo Be determined, the slo1 and the slo2 are the same frames but the components make the difference. It will be offered as a frameset? WHO KNOWS!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
rezenclowd3 said:
Yup, don't know the prices yet though. The Street Racer is an all aluminum frame however. If I am to buy an all aluminum, I will go with Cannondale...

Because of weight i believe right? U have to ride the street racer, it rocks big time.

·
extremely biased
870 Posts
We'll be stocking everything but the SR01/02 and the SL02 w/105 unless they drop the price. If they get it down to $2300 ish we'll do it. As it stands, at $2700 there is no way we're stocking it. The SR02 is a bit of a hard sell to. 1700 gram frame and 105 for $1800. Little high, and up against a lot of lighter bikes with better spec's, lik ethe CAAD10-5 or the 4 for the same price.

The SL01 on the other is a smokin deal at $3100 ish and is a great spec. The new frame is like an SLX-light, not quite as stiff but lighter. Made for adifferent rider anyway.

The Race Machine is going to be a "Tarmac Torpedo". It is every bit as stiff at the SLX and a lot lighter. Full Red (BB30), force brakes, ea90 wheels,easton cockpit, and SI saddle for $5k. Why they didn't do a 1070 cassette and Red Brakes, I'll never know.

Of course we ordered full size runs of white and red SLRs and the Red Race Machines. We also have 2 impecscomeing with Di2 and Super Record. Plus...... we ordered a TT01 for a "shop bike" and we'll have the TT02s as well.

Starnut

1 - 20 of 68 Posts