Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Iohannes fac totum
3,150 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
No disc mounts, it's worthless, nobody will ever win on it.

That's a good point though. The bike is already below legal weight with quite a few grams still to lose. With some discs this thing could be right at the legal limit.:) Now what would be a SuperX!! Since it's carbon, tradition is thrown right out the window, so you might as well go all the way. I honestly think that would be a killer bike and eye opener.

· Registered
71 Posts
Very Nice

I saw the catalog, there are two models and Cannodale uses their own fork for these, not Easton. The prices are expensive, the cheapest of the two I think was $3,700. They still have the aluminum models for those of us who can only dream.

· Get me to In&Out
5,419 Posts
I saw the new XC MTB as well. New scalpel is very nice. The $9800 price tag is not however very nice. Same color scheme as this bike. They also used a carbon rim on their top end MTB OEM.

· Registered
592 Posts
Maybe because for most people 'cross is still their "beater" bike? Not many Joes have a 10, 000 dollar cross bike. I see regular people riding super expensive road and mtn.bikes all the time but hardly ever cross bikes. Personally for me I'd rather have an awesome cross bike. It's almost as fast/light as a road bike and can handle most of the trails I ride on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.