Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice since the 3 LBS here in N. Atlanta have a limited selection of aftermarket saddles. I am a big fan of the stock Felt Superlite saddle that came on my 2011 Felt F4. It's got some wear and tear on it now, and I'd like to upgrade to a lighter saddle with the same shape and a decent level of padding for long days (50-100 miles). I've tried a Prologo Scratch but found it to be too round. Can someone offer an opinion about the Nago Evo, or another brand/model that might offer a similar ride?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No opinions?

Is there a better forum for saddle questions (Felt or otherwise)?

I'll ask Superdave as well - my question is specific to the Felt saddle that came with my Felt.

·
9,790 Posts
I need some advice since the 3 LBS here in N. Atlanta have a limited selection of aftermarket saddles. I am a big fan of the stock Felt Superlite saddle that came on my 2011 Felt F4. It's got some wear and tear on it now, and I'd like to upgrade to a lighter saddle with the same shape and a decent level of padding for long days (50-100 miles). I've tried a Prologo Scratch but found it to be too round. Can someone offer an opinion about the Nago Evo, or another brand/model that might offer a similar ride?

Thanks!
Ask one of your local shops to get the Prologo demo kit. It's reasonably cheap. I have one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gumbyman - thanks for the offer, might take you up if I can't find a similar saddle. What's your offer? You can PM me if you like on that.

I'm actually looking for SLIGHTLY firmer padding and less weight (250g would be good).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope you find the saddle you are looking for. If by chance you don't let me know since I will never use it and I'm sure I could part with it with a promises that you would donate a few bucks to a charity of your choice. Good luck in your search, there is nothing better than finding the right saddle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so i tried the Prologo Nago Evo (flatter than the Scratch, but narrow and puts more pressure on my sit bones). Also discovered that the OEM Felt seat post is "ratcheted" and I can't get the Prologo saddles level. Until I resolve that, there's no sense in trying other saddles.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a 2011 Felt F4 and I LOVE the stock saddle. I also have another bike I ride a lot (a custom Seven) on which I put a Selle Italia SLS Kit Carbonio Flow. They feel very similar, I notice no difference in saddle comfort or fit between my two bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.