Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a 58cm 2011 F1 frameset, but am having trouble getting an answer from my local dealer about availability. Any word on these forums?

Thanks,
Ralph

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have heard that they are available now that they have the fork issue squared away. I am guessing though that if you want one you need to get some money down as they are probably going to be made in limited quantities. My lbs contacted me to see if I wanted one but too much going on at the moment...very tempting though!!

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
rmaurer said:
I'm planning to buy a 58cm 2011 F1 frameset, but am having trouble getting an answer from my local dealer about availability. Any word on these forums?

Thanks,
Ralph
The framesets are shipping now with Easton EC90SL forks.

-SD

·
Registered
3 Posts
SuperdaveFelt said:
The framesets are shipping now with Easton EC90SL forks.

-SD
I assume then the same goes with the FC frameset regarding both availability and the Easton fork? Because I just called the local shop to get me one.

·
El Papi Chulo
188 Posts
We just received a F1 today at the shop and built it up, so badass. As we were building it up, a customer walked in, saw it, asked to be fitted and placed an order for an F1 right there on the spot.

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
merctom said:
I assume then the same goes with the FC frameset regarding both availability and the Easton fork? Because I just called the local shop to get me one.

I should clarify, the 54 thru 61cm sizes of F1 and FC are shipping with EASTON and shipping now.

48 and 51cm sizes are not available yet today, very soon.

-SD

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
pumaking said:
If you guys would like pics, I'll take some on Saturday.
What? Are you kidding me?! Post away!

·
El Papi Chulo
188 Posts
:( I have to wait until the other frame arrives. The day I was going to take pics, the customer picked up the bike early in the morning. Maybe when he comes in to do a fit, I'll get some pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This one is for Superdave again,

SuperdaveFelt said:
I should clarify, the 54 thru 61cm sizes of F1 and FC are shipping with EASTON and shipping now.

48 and 51cm sizes are not available yet today, very soon.

-SD
Just last week I had the shop order me the FC and they were told I wouldn't receive it until May. Is that correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
merctom said:
Just last week I had the shop order me the FC and they were told I wouldn't receive it until May. Is that correct?
There seems to be some disparity in estimates. I'm looking for an F5 in 61cm (no one stocks big boy sizes); I called one lbs and they said late April, early May. Another one said mid-April. I called Felt (the number listed on the fork recall notice) and the rep said 2-3 weeks. I now have one on order with the second lbs mentioned earlier... now the waiting game begins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
51cm F1 geometries

Has anyone seen a 51cm F series bike? According the specs from the Felt website, the standover height is showing as 717mm. Seems extremely short, especially considering the top tube is relatively horizontal on the bike.

Also, I noticed the rake specs differed within the size run. Not sure how or why this is? The Easton EC90 SL tapered fork is only made with a 43mm rake.

Any ideas? SuperDave?

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
Pedalfile said:
Has anyone seen a 51cm F series bike? According the specs from the Felt website, the standover height is showing as 717mm. Seems extremely short, especially considering the top tube is relatively horizontal on the bike.

Also, I noticed the rake specs differed within the size run. Not sure how or why this is? The Easton EC90 SL tapered fork is only made with a 43mm rake.

Any ideas? SuperDave?
I just answered a nearly identical email. Did you send this to me directly as well?

51cm frame uses a sloping top tube (as do all F-series models). Measured just ahead of the vertical line that passes through the BB the standover is 717mm. The closer you move forward to the head tube, the larger the standover height becomes because of the sloping TT.

Easton is unable to produce the fork in the correct offset. We've rushed to get a 2012 fork finished with 52mm offset for the remaining 2011 models.

-SD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks SuperDave

Hi SuperDave...

Yes, you responded to my email. Many thanks for that! Can you advise on a 'worst case' scenario for delivery of the 48 & 51cm frames?

Does it make sense to just wait for the 2012 models? Or will the 48 and 51cm be identical in terms of geometries and spec (assuming graphical treatment could change).

As I plan on riding this frameset for a few seasons, I don't want to take delivery of something this season if it will be changing, and be available late 2011 or early 2012. I've been waiting on this frameset for 6 months, so am prepared to wait longer. I really want this to be perfect.

Rgds

1 - 20 of 32 Posts