Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously looking at the new 2011 F3, but need a little help understanding the equipment specs on the bike. I think I've been able to determine some of the specs based on discussions here, and from looking at pictures of it. The guy at my LBS is still boning up on his 2011 product knowledge, and didn't have the answers when I talked with him this evening. So far, here is what (I think!) I know:

FD: SRAM Red
RD: SRAM Red
Crank: SRAM Red 53/39
Cassette: Looks like SRAM PG-1070 and if I counted right, 11-25
Brifters: SRAM Red
Brakes: SRAM something. They are black. That much is clear, but cannot identify which level. Rival? Force? Red (door) painted Black?
Chain: No clue!
Wheels: SRAM S30 AL Race
Tires: Vittoria DIAMANTE Pro Light likely 700x23
Handlebars: No clue!
Stem: No clue, but kinda looks alloy
Seatpost: No clue!
Saddle: No clue!

Can anybody give me a clue? :idea:

Thanks,
-- Don4

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dray3573 said:
There is an F3 at my LBS. That bike is absolutely gorgeous. If I remember correctly the stem, handlebar, seat, and seat post are all Felt branded. The post and handlebar I believe are carbon, post for sure. Not sure on the brakes, all the other components are Sram Red, but I didn't think Sram Red brakes came in black, only Rival. If I could afford the F3 then it would be mine. Since it's not, the F5, which is $3K cheaper and also a lovely specimen of molded carbon, will hopefully be mine soon, and will takes it rightful place in the "Casa de Felt".

2010 Felt B12 with Sram Force
2007 Felt RXC-1
Soon: 2011 Felt F3 :D , whoops, I mean F5 "freudian slip"
Thanks for the field report! That definitely helps.
Superdave (on the Felt F5 thread) indicated that the F5 and the F3 share the same frame, so with the F5, you are getting the heart and soul of the F3 all while saving an incredible amount of money. I stopped by my LBS last night and they had an F5, sold of course, and it was just beautiful.
Enjoy your ride,
-- Don4

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thank you, Superdave! Everything I could hope for, and more!

You are the best. Thank you for the excellent customer service!

Regards,
-- Don4

"Felt Bicycles -- World Class Engineering, Excellent Value, a Great Ride, AND Superdave!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts