Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got a used 2011 felt z1 for my Dad and plan on putting a 2013 Campagnolo Athena triple crankset on it.

I'm looking at the width of that downtube and am having panic attacks that it is too wide and the chain will hit it.

Can anyone confirm that this combination will work?

Thanks.

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
Hello, I just got a used 2011 felt z1 for my Dad and plan on putting a 2013 Campagnolo Athena triple crankset on it.

I'm looking at the width of that downtube and am having panic attacks that it is too wide and the chain will hit it.

Can anyone confirm that this combination will work?

Thanks.
Yes, it will work with no problems. We used to offer the Z carbon frames with several triple component group options such as this Z20 from 2009:
Redirect Notice

https://2009.feltracing.com/09/images/catalog/xl/8917.png

-SD

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
When I first got my ZC frame (I think in '10?), I put a Shimano 6503 crank and FD on it. I had a little problem with the FD clearance on the seat tube, it couldn't go inward enough. I didn't have any actual clearance problems with the chainwheels and the frame itself though. I put a couple thin spacers between the frame and the BB cup to move the rings out a few mm, and it worked fine for a year until I swapped everything out for a compact Sram Red group (loved the gearing of the triple though... still do on another frame!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.