1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Bike Genie
222 Posts
Tino Chiappelli said:
All,
The 2011 Kuota bikes have hit the net:
https://www.bikerumor.com/2010/08/06/kuota-bikes-rolls-out-the-2011-line-up/

Let me know what you think (good/bad/indifferent) and ask any questions that you've got...I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks,
Tino @ Kuota

This is what I'll be riding to the coffee shop:

Looks alright, very standard and a bit boring for my taste. Over sized tubes on the front triangle paired with very standard geometry and a white and black paint scheme really doesn't stand out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
seatpost and seat clamp looks very much like the one on my Kuota K-Factor 2009 ... which is not good as it keeps slipping when I hit a pothole (unavoidable here in Montreal).

Other than that, the paint scheme is very boring, it may have been better with different wheels.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Some solid color paint jobs would be nice to see on future frames. Basics, like white, red, blue...along with mixes. Still enjoying my '08 Kharma. :)

·
Ten Dollar Jockey
73 Posts
Talk about boring

My 2008 KOM is plain carbon black with white decals. Can't get more boring than that. My bike shop is having a hard time fitting me (bought it from my former bike shop), because they say it's a size too big for me.

I am having a hard time finding something that can climb better. Also, the "misfit" is feeling better as I test new bikes......the right size feels too small - which is probably because I am used to the bigger bike (56 & I measure for a 54).

BUT.......I may be wanting new, because subconsciously the KOM is so damn boring looking. Maybe I'm just shallow.

Wish Kuota would jump out there and make a statement.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So....no picture of the K-Factor?

Also, why keep the Kalibur around? It basically serves the same purpose of the Kueen K. I also don't see the need for the aluminum Korsa when you can just make the STA steeper on the new K Factors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jsedlak said:
Quick glance: Needs more (blue) colors.
Kuma601 said:
Some solid color paint jobs would be nice to see on future frames. Basics, like white, red, blue...along with mixes. Still enjoying my '08 Kharma. :)
Hank Stamper said:
Very tasteful look in my opinion. Just enough without looking like a NASCAR (which I find quite cheesy for a bike).
DanTourino said:
Looks alright, very standard and a bit boring for my taste. Over sized tubes on the front triangle paired with very standard geometry and a white and black paint scheme really doesn't stand out.
I agree with everyone on the paint schemes.…I think the Kuota line is always very monochromatic…I’d like us to get some yellow, blue, green, etc…something other than black/white/silver/red…..hopefully next year.

civdic said:
Can't you just get it from hong-fu or whatever and paint it any color you like.
The Hong-Fu bikes while they look great; aren’t in fact Kuota’s. Some of them are made using the older open molds that we are no longer using. And on those, they won’t use the same layup and materials that we did when using those molds. And that is truly what separates each bike from the other.
early one said:
Very steep angle on the fork.
Probably just the picture playing tricks…the HT angle on a Med is 72.5° and the fork rake is 48mm.
herve_g said:
seatpost and seat clamp looks very much like the one on my Kuota K-Factor 2009 ... which is not good as it keeps slipping when I hit a pothole (unavoidable here in Montreal).
Other than that, the paint scheme is very boring, it may have been better with different wheels.
Have we replaced that clamp assembly for you? If not, contact us directly and let’s see if that fixes the problem. Let me know if you need the contact info for our office (also in Montreal).
Tri Slow Poke said:
So....no picture of the K-Factor?
Also, why keep the Kalibur around? It basically serves the same purpose of the Kueen K. I also don't see the need for the aluminum Korsa when you can just make the STA steeper on the new K Factors.
The K-Factor is on the Bike Rumor site. It doesn’t change at all for 2011. The Kalibur they show there is the new one. We expect that it will steal some sales from the Kueen K as it represents newer technology and is lighter. The Kueen K remains unchanged.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tino Chiappelli said:
Have we replaced that clamp assembly for you? If not, contact us directly and let’s see if that fixes the problem. Let me know if you need the contact info for our office (also in Montreal).
I didn't get it changed. It would be sweet if you could send me the contact info so we can look into it. Thanks a lot !

·
oh lonesome road for you
1,699 Posts
The one posted is a bit boring but I really like the stealthy black KOM in the first picture on the Bikerumor link. I think like most modern oversized carbon frames these benefit visually from deep rimmed wheels.

The cross bike is a just OK color scheme but otherwise looks sweet and I would love to hear more about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
herve_g said:
I didn't get it changed. It would be sweet if you could send me the contact info so we can look into it. Thanks a lot !
I've PM'd you the contact info for our office (In Brossard)...and I've let the office know to expect your call. Let me know if I can do anything else.

[email protected]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mafpolo said:
My 2008 KOM is plain carbon black with white decals. Can't get more boring than that. My bike shop is having a hard time fitting me (bought it from my former bike shop), because they say it's a size too big for me.

I am having a hard time finding something that can climb better. Also, the "misfit" is feeling better as I test new bikes......the right size feels too small - which is probably because I am used to the bigger bike (56 & I measure for a 54).

BUT.......I may be wanting new, because subconsciously the KOM is so damn boring looking. Maybe I'm just shallow.

Wish Kuota would jump out there and make a statement.
I've PM'd you regarding your questions on sizing and fit.

You won't find another bike that is built for climbing like the KOM...as the name implies (King Of Mountains), it's a climbing machine. Because of that, it's stiffer than some people will want. It's not for the feint of heart.

The Kebel (the picture I posted) is my favorite bike in our line. It represents the best of both worlds in my opinion. The geometry is the same as the KOM, but it uses a more comfortable 12k weave carbon material, and has tube shapes that give a more compliant ride than the KOM.

For 2011, the KOM and Kebel get reshaped rear ends that will offer a better ride quality and they are also using a newly declassified carbon material that is lighter while retaining the desired stiffness qualities. The KOM will be in the 800 gram range for the frame.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Beautiful!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts