Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I quite like it, only to my opinion the molteni color is so milked out... I would like to see some road bikes in quickstep or topsport vlaanderen colors :)

Also: is that extende seattube a pista typical thing???

·
Registered
208 Posts
It appears to have a cable stop on the right rear chain stay, and it also looks like there is a screw were a down tube shifter would be. So, you must be able to run it geared as well as fixed. I'm not sure how that would work with a track drop-out. Looks cool though. I wonder how much it will cost.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hope this means that CInelli will re-release "MERCKX" pantographed quill stems....been looking for a black in 110mm for a long while.
EM3

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like it.....

The new owners are clearly pretty serious about revitalizing the brand and capitalizing on Eddy's legendary status. Can't fault them for that and they are putting out some interesting stuff as well.

I'd pick one up for a nice winter trainer, but I'd bet they are going to be a pretty pricey fixed gear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm glad they're putting out steel again, but I'm surprised they went this route and didn't include a traditional Merckx semi-sloping fork. They could have just released the corsa-extra track frames as well using the traditional geometry. Those things sell for unbelievable prices on ebay. And why not go with a traditional Molteni paintscheme? I'm no retrogrouch, but why mess with perfection?

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the urban sense, i.e., keeping it some what affordable, they could of done so much more of a tasteful job, I feel. This is not a good thing and cheapens the legacy.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
This thing is a POS. If they wanted to capitalize on the urban fixie trend, why not just braze up some Columbus tubed track bikes and throw some bullhorns on it and call it a day. This thing is a monstrosity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts