Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find an official link on the Colnago home page, but I took a chance and replaced 2010 in the URL with 2011, and what do you know, the entire 2011 range is up on the site. The only thing missing is the color schemes but every model is featured with a decent photo of each bike.

I especially like the Super in the black paint scheme, and the M10 looks fantastic. No ISP yet it seems.

Heres the link:

http://www.colnago.com/bikes/2011

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of the range:

C59(we've all seen this by now)

M10:

EPS(looks good in PR99 and new Super Record):

CX1 Evo

ACE

Super

Sprint

·
Registered
117 Posts
Under the tech info it says what colour schemes are available for most of the models. I'm pretty keen to see the M10 in white, and matt black.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
one80 said:
The colour scheme pics are up now, but there's nothing that really stands out to me. The C59 schemes are all a bit disappointing IMO.
I cannot even get the site to come up now with the 2011 range. Glad to hear the color schemes aren't anything special (i.e., I don't have to debate with my wife about the reason I need another frame). No good color schems and no frame that really impresses me, so I can save some money for another year.

Has the regular site switched over to the 2011 range already? Well, it looks like the entire site is down right now, so maybe the 2011 range is going to be up on the homepage when it comes back up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
will wait for another year to see how the C59 evolves (and, of course, to wait for reviews about the new box chainstays -- only difference i can notice with the EPS [leaf]).

·
Registered
240 Posts
The only colours that stand out to me are the blue one (GDBL) and the original picture, ie green/yellow, which I can't seem to find a code for. Anyone?

·
Registered
155 Posts
1Cebu said:
will wait for another year to see how the C59 evolves (and, of course, to wait for reviews about the new box chainstays -- only difference i can notice with the EPS [leaf]).
Do colnagos ever actually evolve models? Seems to me like they just come out with new models instead.

C59 has shaped top and down tubes so it is different than the EPS.

My question is if the EPS will go down in price. A cool $3k (from yurp of course) would make my day.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'd like a test ride on the M10. I race a CX-1 now and love it. The M10 is lighter. It has a bigger headset. Could be even better than the already stellar CX-1 as an all around race bike.

Dang Colnago...Coming out with another new bike I like....Maybe...
I was not even looking at a new bike till my team leader (also a Colnago dealer, who races a CX-1 himself) showed that one to me, online, just a few days ago...
Colnago is getting a pretty 'busy' line of frames...

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
BDB said:
Looks like PBK has pricing up for the 2011 rides

C59 - $4400
M10 - $3600
CX-1 EVO $3200
Those prices at PBK are way crazier than they were for the 2010 lineup. The 2010 EPS was $3,300 at PBK. Can't wait to fall out of my chair when I see what the C59 is going to cost in the US, or the Taiwan made monocoque frames for that matter.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The C59 will be about $400-500 more than the EPS. It is more of an evolution of a C50 than a new version of an EPS. The EPS was designed to be a sprinter friendly bike, the C59 is designed to be an all purpose, comfortable, race bike. In doing that they also managed to make it stiffer than an EPS in the BB, so don't count on the EPS sticking around for too long.
The M10 is the money bike for this year though. The price is too close to the CX-1 EVO for the M10 to not be crushing it. Internal cables, tapered steertube, full mono construction, stiffer and lighter than a CX-1, and a slightly shorter HT make it the full on race bike. I'd buy one if someone wants to take my CX-1 off my hands. I promiss to give a full review on it's performance.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
mtbbmet said:
The C59 will be about $400-500 more than the EPS. It is more of an evolution of a C50 than a new version of an EPS. The EPS was designed to be a sprinter friendly bike, the C59 is designed to be an all purpose, comfortable, race bike. In doing that they also managed to make it stiffer than an EPS in the BB, so don't count on the EPS sticking around for too long.
The M10 is the money bike for this year though. The price is too close to the CX-1 EVO for the M10 to not be crushing it. Internal cables, tapered steertube, full mono construction, stiffer and lighter than a CX-1, and a slightly shorter HT make it the full on race bike. I'd buy one if someone wants to take my CX-1 off my hands. I promiss to give a full review on it's performance.
The EPS was $5,500 in the US this past year. So, are you saying the C59 is going to be $5,900 to $6,000? That is utterly nuts. It is kind of crazy to think that these frames are increasing in price so much faster than inflation.

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
The bikes are looking more and more Taiwanese. Strip off the paint and put them beside Trek OCLVs and they all look alike to the average Joe. Except that Cervelos and Specializeds cost half that price and have been winning more, and probably ride better as well. As for the M10 and C59... yuck... rather stick to beautiful 30 to 50 year old design steel lugged Colnagos.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
iyeoh said:
The bikes are looking more and more Taiwanese. Strip off the paint and put them beside Trek OCLVs and they all look alike to the average Joe. Except that Cervelos and Specializeds cost half that price and have been winning more, and probably ride better as well. As for the M10 and C59... yuck... rather stick to beautiful 30 to 50 year old design steel lugged Colnagos.
Yep. The only thing I want right now is a Master XL in Saronni. The EPS in Saronni would be next on my list, but that is really hard to justify since I have the C50 and I haven't really noticed any flex in it. The C59 I am not too impressed with. Actually wasn't too impressed with the EPS either, but it does look good in Saronni.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
fabsroman said:
The EPS was $5,500 in the US this past year. So, are you saying the C59 is going to be $5,900 to $6,000? That is utterly nuts. It is kind of crazy to think that these frames are increasing in price so much faster than inflation.
The MSRP on an EPS was $5500, and that's the lowest you are allowed to advertise them for. If you walked into a bike shop you would not pay that.
So yes, the MSRP on a C59 will likely be close to $6k. But you shouldn't pay that.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
zacolnago said:
I couldn't find an official link on the Colnago home page, but I took a chance and replaced 2010 in the URL with 2011, and what do you know, the entire 2011 range is up on the site. The only thing missing is the color schemes but every model is featured with a decent photo of each bike.

I especially like the Super in the black paint scheme, and the M10 looks fantastic. No ISP yet it seems.

Heres the link:

http://www.colnago.com/bikes/2011
WTF...they are making MTBs again? And hybrids? The track bike comes with a flip flop hub and brakes? :rolleyes: And are those the only color schemes for the MXL?

Way too many plastic bikes with generic black/white/red color schemes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts