Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jason07 said:
It was up and now it's gone. Crap!
Not sure what issue you're having, but link still works for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just went to the main website and it was down for maintenance. I guess tomorrow morning the site will be up with the new line of bikes and equipment. I hope...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
From Bike Snob NYC

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross neatly summed up the entire process of mourning with her famous "Five Stages of Grief," which are: Denial; Anger; Bargaining; Depression; and Acceptance. (These, incidentally, also happen to be the "Five Stages of Purchasing a Specialized Bicycle.")

Gotta love that guy

·
Registered
796 Posts
They are up. How in the world did Specialized give such nice paint jobs to the Tarmac's and leave the Roubaix out to dry?? The paint jobs on the Roubaix's suck compared to the Tarmac, every single one of 'em. Terrible. That Tarmac Pro frame in gloss white/neon red/black. That is sick.

·
Registered
266 Posts
mikagsd said:
They are up. How in the world did Specialized give such nice paint jobs to the Tarmac's and leave the Roubaix out to dry?? The paint jobs on the Roubaix's suck compared to the Tarmac, every single one of 'em. Terrible. That Tarmac Pro frame in gloss white/neon red/black. That is sick.
mikagsd,

Outside of the Robuaix Di2 frame I have to agree - butt ugly. The Tarmac frame IMHO have had the better looking paint jobs, but that's personal preference.

Sidenote - I find it interesting that they aren't showing the bike prices on the site anymore.

·
3,494 Posts
I noticed that there's no Tarmac Di2 bike but there is a Roubaix Di2 (not that I have the money for either of these!). My prediction is that the Tarmac Di2 will wait for the internal cable routing on the 2012 Tarmac SL4 frame ...

·
Registered
462 Posts
My two cents

After a quick glance at the new models I'm glad I bought in 2010. Prices went up and some of the paint jobs are not to my liking. Their seems to be no more 9r carbon fiber and some models get the TRP brakes instead of the Shimano or Sram. The price difference between the Tarmac Pro frameset a S-Works frame is $900 but the complete bikes are around $ 2,500 apart. I'll go back and study some more now!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
roadbike_moron said:
I thought I recognized that avatar. I was like wait, I am on RBR right, not Scubaboard.
Yeah, I'm branching out! After amassing $15k of scuba gear over the course of a few years, I figured I needed to find another hobby into which to sink my disposable income!

:cool:

I take it you're a diver/SB'er as well?

·
Registered
515 Posts
TRP Brakes

dougrocky123 said:
After a quick glance at the new models I'm glad I bought in 2010. Prices went up and some of the paint jobs are not to my liking. Their seems to be no more 9r carbon fiber and some models get the TRP brakes instead of the Shimano or Sram. The price difference between the Tarmac Pro frameset a S-Works frame is $900 but the complete bikes are around $ 2,500 apart. I'll go back and study some more now!

Does anyone know about the TRP 970 equipe brakes on the Roubaix Pro SRAM?
Are they comparable to Red or Dura Ace?

·
Registered
796 Posts
joep721 said:
mikagsd,

Outside of the Robuaix Di2 frame I have to agree - butt ugly. The Tarmac frame IMHO have had the better looking paint jobs, but that's personal preference.

Sidenote - I find it interesting that they aren't showing the bike prices on the site anymore.

I agree joep....if I had to choose one out of all of them, I would go with the SL3 Expert in Carbon/gloss carbon. That SWorks in black looks good as well, just WAY above my ability & needs and budget!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
RJP Diver said:
Yeah, I'm branching out! After amassing $15k of scuba gear over the course of a few years, I figured I needed to find another hobby into which to sink my disposable income!

:cool:

I take it you're a diver/SB'er as well?
You're definitely in the right place. Some bikes can cost as much as a set of doubles, can light, regs, and that over priced signature tls-350.

Yes, I'm on SB. "Scuba_Moron". There aren't many handles on RBR and SB that ends with Moron :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks like the elite and the comps are listed a little less this year, and both move from the 7r to 8r. The rim and component differences are debatable. Maybe the price drop is to make the paint jobs a little more palatable!

The upper models that went to SL3 certainly jumped. I guess if you could afford $6000-8000, you can afford a few hundred more for the latest frame.

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
:mad:

I went to the lbs yesterday to order the Tarmac Pro frameset and they're not available yet. Instead, I ordered other parts. Maybe the framesets will be available next month.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'm still debating about one at the lbs, they've got a '10 tarmac comp for $2040 or hold out for a '11... the '10 seems like a helluva deal...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts