Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I bought a new road bike. So I thought I'd chime in and let some of you know I'm considering buying the SS Rival soon. Orange or black? What color to get?

Does anyone have a SS bike and do you like it? How does it feel on the road and in the curves? This bike has my full attention. Not sure why either. Input needed. Thanks!!

·
Ainsy
34 Posts
sounds like your sold on the orange

A (predominantly) white frame will take a lot more maintenance to keep clean over a dark colour frame...that is the lazy prick (having a white R3) coming over me...

The white/orange frame will be more unique in the shop ride "peleton" but if it was my money it would be on the darkest colour possible.

Your money your call.

·
Superstar
419 Posts
Wicked2006 said:
It's been awhile since I bought a new road bike. So I thought I'd chime in and let some of you know I'm considering buying the SS Rival soon. Orange or black? What color to get?

Does anyone have a SS bike and do you like it? How does it feel on the road and in the curves? This bike has my full attention. Not sure why either. Input needed. Thanks!!
Get white and Orange. Supersixs handling is rock solid, and it doesnt get twitchy on high speed decents. Ride is also very smooth and it accelerates very well. I say get it.

·
Iohannes fac totum
3,151 Posts
Having laid my hands on the orange/white and throwing a leg over one for a very very brief ride around the lot..........get white/orange! Beautiful bike!! If you're a 56 and in the midatlantic I can tell you where one is. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I live in California. And I'll be needing a 54cm! I like the orange and white but the black looks very slick. My LBS is ordering a few of these bikes next week. As soon as they get them on the showroom floor their let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its too bad you cannot order any colour cannondale frame with any component package. Santa Cruz does this with their mountain bikes, just seems like it would make sense.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What's the difference between the Synapse carbon 4 rival vs. the SS carbon 4 rival. My LBS just called me and wanted to know if I'd be interested in either. I like the Synapse to. I have no clue which one to order. I haven't officially made an order yet.

So I would like some input on this? Thanks guys!

·
fu
2,424 Posts
Wicked2006 said:
What's the difference between the Synapse carbon 4 rival vs. the SS carbon 4 rival. My LBS just called me and wanted to know if I'd be interested in either. I like the Synapse to. I have no clue which one to order. I haven't officially made an order yet.

So I would like some input on this? Thanks guys!
They are two different bikes. The SuperSix has a more agressive geometry. The Synapse is relaxed and super comfortable. Personally I would take the Supersix over the Synapse any day because I love its responsiveness. The Synapse almost feels too comfortable if there is such thing.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ph0enix said:
They are two different bikes. The SuperSix has a more agressive geometry. The Synapse is relaxed and super comfortable. Personally I would take the Supersix over the Synapse any day because I love its responsiveness. The Synapse almost feels too comfortable if there is such thing.
Man this is going to be hard for me to decide. I'm leaning towards the SS. I just don't want any regrets. I just want to be a happy man with my bike.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CdaleNut said:
I just ordered a SS with the 105s today......in black
I'm leaning towards the orange and white. I have until tomorrow to make the call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
88 rex said:
Having laid my hands on the orange/white and throwing a leg over one for a very very brief ride around the lot..........get white/orange! Beautiful bike!! If you're a 56 and in the midatlantic I can tell you where one is. :)
Where at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Test rode the super six 4 Rival today in Orange/White. Loved every minute!

I ordered a Jet Black Matte; should be here by the 23rd !! Cant wait

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Today I ordered my SS 4 Rival in Jet Black Matte, 54cm. I pick it up the first week of November. I'm so happy. The Jet Black matte looks stealth. I love it.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
how much are you guys all paying for your SS Rival after taxes (OTD)?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Serotta-s2k said:
Mine was $2499 plus 3.5% sales tax. Certain towns in NJ get half rate for economic development. :thumbsup:
Mine was $2499 plus sales tax of like 8.3%! Welcome to California! What a rip off?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wicked2006 said:
Mine was $2499 plus sales tax of like 8.3%! Welcome to California! What a rip off?

Personally, I'd just pay the extra 4.8% sales tax and stay in Cali :D

Yummm, SuperSix! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree, stay in Cali. Other states citizens weird me out ;-)

Oh, and nothing beats a Cali beach blonde :-D

Post pics of your purchase!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts