Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a caad9 4. Seeing the 2011 SuperSix rival in the Australian catalog has my attention, especially if it comes in under $2500. The Hi mod is claimed 890g. What does the SS frame weigh? What's the difference between the Hi mod and SS frames? Is it just the grade of the carbon used?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was quoted a price of $2599 for the 2011 SS rival in Canada so it should come in signifigantly lower in the US as we usually have a higher msrp. I really like the colour of the SS 3 ultegra which was $3299

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan Gerous said:
There is no such thing, and there never was, Aluminum SuperSixes....
DG... any idea what the SS frame weighs?

·
Superstar
419 Posts
CdaleNut said:
no such thing referring to what ?? the SS Rival ?
No such thing as an aluminum Supersix, practically an oxymoron.

·
Converted Runner
691 Posts
"Six" in C'dale refers to the atomic number of carbon, so any bike with "six" in the name (excluding caad models, where numbers were used sequentially, i.e. caad 8, 9, 10) is at least part carbon. So, as mentioned, there can be no such thing as an aluminum SuperSix.

On a related note, I loved the name six 13 - using both the atomic numbers of carbon and aluminum was nerdy and brilliant.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
is the 2011 supersix frame the same as the 2010 supersix? and they're just dropping prices for the new year?

·
Superstar
419 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
is the 2011 supersix frame the same as the 2010 supersix? and they're just dropping prices for the new year?
I believe, the 2010 are better equiped than the 2011s, so youll be paying less and getting less(on the non himods)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts