Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the white sl3 last night (warranty replacement). I wasn't a fan of white frames until last night. I will try and post some pics tonight. You can't see the blue lines down the top and lower tubes on the website.

·
Freedom Isn't Free
31 Posts
Waiting on my non-S-Works SL3 (Tarmac Pro) to come in. White of course! Couldn't justify $900 more for S-Works.

·
3,494 Posts
ping771 said:
anyone have a clue why the Specialized website still does not have the 2011 models?
They were there but hidden, and then we found them, and then they got pulled. Possible reasons include:
  • Residual 2010 inventory
  • 2011 availability
  • Co-ordination of marketing/distribution activities to product launch date

·
Registered
527 Posts
ukbloke said:
They were there but hidden, and then we found them, and then they got pulled. Possible reasons include:
  • 2011 availability

All logical reasons, but that appears to be contradicted by the fact they are selling the 2011's now, and people are taking delivery of them as we speak.?!

·
3,494 Posts
ping771 said:
All logical reasons, but that appears to be contradicted by the fact they are selling the 2011's now, and people are taking delivery of them as we speak.?!
Sure, but imagine what it does to national/international 2010 sales and pricing, the moment that they push the button to go live with the new bikes. At the moment I presume that they are "stealth" shipping the 2011 bikes and catalogs into stores or geographical areas with low 2010 inventory. If you really want to see the range, go to a Specialized store and ask to see the 2011 catalog and availability.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
ukbloke said:
  • 2011 availability
  • ukbloke infiltrated their system, Spec found out and now are making us suffer
I think the last one is the most likely. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts