Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi pulled the trigger and bought one of these today, in the uk
LBS showed me dealer site with bike weights 16lb 6oz for 56 also showed 2010 pro at 16lb 3 so 2011 bike are good bit lighter. Hopefully only 2 days to wait :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. This is hopefully my next bike within the next year - currently riding a 2010 Allez Sport.

Which color did you pick up? I've only seen the black/red/white model in person and it is beautiful. Haven't seen the black/neon yellow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mark07 said:
Does anyone know the weight of a stock 2011 Tarmac SL3 Expert Double?
Weighed both the SL3 expert and the pro today at LBS.

Both 56cm. Both without pedals.

SL3 expert with Ultegra weighed 16.06 lbs
SL3 pro with SRAM red weighed 15.04 lbs

More importantly, after riding both bikes I'm convinced the difference in the pro is well worth the difference in price. The bike is stiffer, feels more responsive, yet the ride is a bit more comfortable (though both are very nice).

This will be the first bike I'm buying in 15 years (ex racer with my old ride a Columbus SLX Campy Record.....shifters still on downtube...lol) - and I already have the Expert on order....will be changing tomorrow to the Pro.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
More importantly, after riding both bikes I'm convinced the difference in the pro is well worth the difference in price. The bike is stiffer, feels more responsive, yet the ride is a bit more comfortable
Don't the Pro and Expert use the same frame-set? So the difference you're describing is in components? I guess this says a lot about the differences in the Roval and Fulcrum wheels on each.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts