Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
3,494 Posts
alexp247365 said:
Are they making a frame only option with OSBB for the bike above(tarmac pro?)
I think not - based on the leaked information on their web-site the Pro frame-set had threaded BB only, and you had to get the S-Works to get OSBB.

·
3,494 Posts
alexp247365 said:
will the full bike version of the tarmac pro have an OSBB? Or is the works only getting this option?
I think the answer is still S-Works only, but my recollection might not be perfect. You might want to check with a Specialized dealer on that.

·
Freedom Isn't Free
31 Posts
S-Works is the only Tarmac w/OSBB. I'm sure the S-Works has better carbon and the OSBB over the Tarmac Pro. I could not justify $900 extra, so I got the Tarmac Pro (should be here in early Sep).

·
Registered
717 Posts
Corndog said:
Full bike version has OSBB. Frameset only has threaded.
Right. Comes with the Specialized carbon crankset, which is OSBB.

·
mattpnewell
86 Posts
The S-Works frames are going to be availiabe in either a OSBB or a threaded bb. The OSBB uses a press fit system. The press fit 30 from sram works just fine. They are using the osbb system for their new cranks to let people run whatever they want.

There are no more modules at all. Just S Works threaded and osbb frames are going to be available.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That black and blue colour scheme is HOT!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
ScottSugi said:
My frameset just got to the LBS. They are swapping out my 09 Roubaix components. Can't wait!!!!
Do me a favor and ask your mechanic how much steerer tube had to be cut. I'm on a mission to find out just how long Spec leaves them.

Also, congrats!! What color?

Need pics, ASAP. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks PJ352. Im like a 8 year old waiting for Christmas!! Even the guys at the shop are as excited as me. Should be getting it back today. Had to go with the black. I will ask him how much he cut when I pick it up. And I will get some pics up ASAP. It will still have the Roubaix wheels on it. I think I'm going to go for the ROL Race SL's next.

·
3,494 Posts
PJ352 said:
Do me a favor and ask your mechanic how much steerer tube had to be cut. I'm on a mission to find out just how long Spec leaves them.
On my 58cm 2009 Tarmac Pro SL frameset the steerer tube was insanely long. I think that about 5-10cm had to be chopped off to bring it down to the maximum length that was safe to ride (with 4cm of spacers). Since then I've cut it down again to leave 20mm of spacers. I guess that Specialized size up the steerer tubes to the largest conceivable 64cm frame and then add some more, and expect the shop to cut them down to size for the framesets. I do not know for sure if this is still true for 2010/2011 but I would guess so.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I know I'm probably over thinking this, but (if I actually go through with this) I want the build to be 'just right' (as in, no flipped up stem :eek: ).

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Black would be my first choice, but the 'neon blue' description kinda worries me, thus my wanting to see 'real' pics (as opposed to the ones published by Spec) to see what shade of blue it is.

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
I should be ordering my black/blue soon. I checked the dealer website yesterday and the status for my tiny size 49 has changed from backordered to in transit. Maybe by next week I'll be able to order the frameset. I've already ordered drivetrain, brakes and some cockpit. I think all I have left are wheels/tires/tubes, crankset, and pedals.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts