Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to the Tour of California next Spring and wondering if they have announced the dates and route yet?
Rusty

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I figured just looking for some possible "inside" information!
I will just keep checking the website.
Rusty

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
It's been reported locally that Solvang will make a serious bid for the race to return there.

That is all.

JSR

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
JSR said:
It's been reported locally that Solvang will make a serious bid for the race to return there.

JSR
Start on the NE side of Tepusquet--up and over to Foxen Canyon over to and up Figueroa --out Happy Canyon to Solvang--sprint finish down the main drag. That would inspire me to be there a week early and ride a week after.

They'd need to repave Fig though. We can only hope that more attention will be paid to showing off the beauty of California and foregoing the sage brush--except maybe Joshua Tree. The French have really figured out how to inspire tourism with their beautiful routes.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
If they keep it in May, it will be interesting to see who shows. I don't think BMC will repeat the mistake they made this year by splitting their team. If Cadel had an ounce of help, he likely would have won the Giro. Count out Andy and Frank as well. Their new Luxemborg team will be looking for Euro exposure, not circus...I mean circuit finishes where all breaks are caught. Levi will be there, though I think he could de better at the Giro.

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
JSR said:

That is all.

JSR
This would be awesome.

Rabobank territory. Plus ableskivers, smorgasboard, and Monte Cristo sandwiches....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts