On Saturday, May 14th, join me and my team, The CRUZ Missiles, to launch a fight against cancer at the 2nd annual TOUR OF LONG BEACH. It will be a great ride and fun day that will benefit the Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach and the Jonathan Jaques Children's Cancer Center.

Cyclists of all levels from beginner to experienced will enjoy riding in the 2011 Tour of Long Beach. Ride through Long Beach parks, scenic neighborhoods and along beaches, inland bays and the downtown waterfront. All tour of Long Beach and Family Ride finishers will receive a commemorative medal and a goodie bag.

But wait, there's more! Enjoy the family-friendly festival complete with a vendor fair, children's activity area, bike safety and education booths, live music and delicious food!

Click this link to register now! https://www.active.com/donate/millerchildrens11/tonycruz

Event Details:

Are helmets required?
Yes, it is mandatory all participants wear a bike helmet. This includes children in child bike seats and/or trailers.

What time will it start?
The Tour of Long Beach Metric Century riders will start their 62-mile ride at 7:30am and the Tour riders will start their 31-mile course in three waves at starting at 8:00am, 8:05am and 8:10am. The four-mile Family Fun Ride will start at 9:00am.

Where is the Tour of Long Beach Start Line?
At Marina Green Park located at 540 East Shoreline Drive, Long Beach.
(south of Shoreline Drive at Linden Avenue)

Where do I park?
FREE Parking for the Tour of Long Beach will be at the Long Beach Sports Arena's exterior lot located directly across from the starting area at South Linden Ave & East Shoreline Drive. Parking Map

Where do I pick up my bib number and goody bag?
Pick up times and locations are as follows:

Friday, May 13 from 10am-8pm
• AVIA Hotel, 285 Bay Street, Long Beach. .
• Parking is available in the Pike parking lot and will be validated at the AVIA and local restaurants.
• Feel free to pick up your bibs and then join the Bike Festival activities that will run on Friday evening along 1st St. starting at 6pm.
• Carbo Load dinners at participating downtown restaurants.

Saturday, May 14 from 6:30am-7:30am
• At the starting area at Marina Green Park & Shoreline Drive.

If you purchase Tour of Long Beach or Long Beach Bike Festival merchandise, your order will be ready for pick-up with your bib number and goody bag.

For complete details:
https://www.visitlongbeach.com/TourLongBeach/

Thank you again for signing up for the Tour of Long Beach! See you on May 14!

Antonio R Cruz
2000 US Olympian