Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test rode the 2011 Z5 yesterday and I am absolutely in love. Can someone confirm that the stock cassette is 11-28? That's what it looked like, but just wanted to double-check.

The wheels were Mavic CXP-22 with 32H. At 236 lbs, I'm way more comfortable with that than what look to be much lower spoke counts in the early pics on line. Are these the correct stock wheels? I'm guessing so because of the red nipples, but again just want to confirm since there aren't any full spec sheets for the 2011s yet (unless there are, which would be really helpful).

This is a little present for me since I'm down from being supersized (nearly 400), but I'm obviously still big. Is this rig going to be able to handle me over the long haul?

Thanks for the help!

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Yes the bike comes with the cxp22's. We have several large clydes using them and the remarks are that they are bombproof wheels.

Shimano 105 shifters, brakes, crankset, f&r ders. CXP22 wheels, a bunch of other felt branded parts to complete the bike including carbon seatpost. Adjustable alloy stem and alloy bars. Felt saddle, that without a cutout is still very comfortable. Vittoria zaffiro pro tires.

Overall, an exceptional value in a bike for 2011.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don’t know about 2011’s, but mine came with a 11-25. I personally did not like the wheels all that much. They were comfortable and absorbed shocks well, but the spoke tension was very low so they were not laterally stiff. I found they needed to be trued after almost every sprint. Then again if you’re not trying to hit 40 in a sprint they are likely fine, and they may have updated them. The best way to tell is to take it for a test ride and try to knock them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts