Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... So I'm jumping back into road biking to get in shape and plan on riding 60+ miles weekly and doing a Century in July.
I'm about 5'11 at 260 ... too big .. thats why I'm getting back on the bike.. Plus I love cycling.
Okay so I can pick up a 2012 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 for $999 at LBS ..
or I can buy I slightly used ... 40miles used ..
2011 Felt z85 for $780
I have ridden both and seem to like both.. the Roubaix is a bit stiffer .
I even rode a 2012 Cannondale Cadd 10 for fun .. but it's a bit out of my price range at $1400 -

I'm going to buy one of the bikes tomorrow---

I would appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
Vinny

·
Registered
865 Posts
This one, like most, is just a question of fit. You need to ride them further than around the parking lot and decide which one feels most comfortable. The bike shop should be able to set them up for you based on your measurements. After that, it should be apparent which is best for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the 2011 Felt z85 ! The Fuji was nice... but the Felt "felt good." I also think that Felt is a better bike overall although its from 2011. Plus it was only $780 with no tax , only rode once , and included look neo pedals , cateye computer , and extra set of New Hutchison Fusion Comp tires! Love the bike .. and have put about 20 miles on it since Monday!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You made an excellent choice. I have a z85. The price point for a Z85 is inline with one of the most aggressive Shimano 105 equipped bikes in the industry.

105 is the first of Shimano's "performance" groups. It uses the same 10 speed design cues as their premium Dura-Ace 7900 group and maintains cross-compatibility with their other 10 speed road components so upgrades and regular service are simplified.

This is a race bike, even though it is designed for comfort over long miles and over rough surfaces in the Spring classics in Northern France such as the Roubaix race which is run on cobblestone streets.

It isn't dumbed down with slack angles and slow, ill-handling geometry. The Z and ZW series have won National Championships, Criterium races, and even an Olympic Gold Medal. Felt's pedigree is racing bikes, and they don't have an interest in making road racing machines that are designed to be ridden only on the sidewalk.

Good luck and enjoy your Felt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.