Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I currently ride a cervelo but just recently test rode one of these. I loved it. I had a felt before (2011 F4) and loved it. Wanted a slightly more relaxed geo bike so I went with an R3 but I secretly wish I would have waited another 6 months and picked up a z4 or z2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The felt demo tour came around to my local shop last week and I test rode all the new road bikes for '13. I have to say I was most impressed with the z series. I rode the z2 as that's all they had in that lineup and it was great. Initially I went in expecting to get a F5 but after riding the z I changed my mind. The F bike was really nice but left me with very minimal fitting options (longer torso than legs) so I had to pass. I ended up ordering a z4 so I should get it in next week. 105 group should be fine and I might upgrade at a later date. Can't wait to get it. I'll post up some good pics when I do.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I haven't studied the 2013 Z's and how they may differ from mine. I've been riding a Z for 2 or 3 seasons now. (ZC frame which I built w/ Sram Red and other parts and wheels I already owned). I have loved that bike since day one. It's comfortable and light weight, yes and very fun to ride. But what I notice over my old bike (Cannondale CAAD7, nice bike) was that I actually go faster down hill. It's just more sure feeling to me. Probably the longer wheel base, and maybe some more compliance to the road. (Same tires and wheels). Oh, and I can get down just as low in the drops of my Z as I could with the CAAD. Just a very minor adjustment in elbow bend.

I imagine there's a million excellent choices in that type of frame, but the Felt Z is one of them for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.