Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new 2013 Roubaix SL4 Expert and would love to know if anyone here has seen and or has a photo of the Copper/Black/Charcoal painted bike. I've seen the Charcoal/Blue and the White/Red but not the copper. The photos on the Specialized website makes it look quite orange, does that picture accurately reflect the color?
Can't decide... :mad2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right, the catalog certainly doesn't do it justice - much better looking in that up-close photo. Hmm... Still undecided between the Copper and the Charcoal/Blue - I've seen that and it's sharp - not as flashy as the red, but I love it.

None of the dealers I've been to have the copper - I meant to ask them to look up availability at the different Specialized warehouses but forgot when I was there... I'll have to inquire next time I'm in the shop. It may be that they didn't make many of them and that's why nobody is stocking them.. ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
FWIW, I've seen the Copper and it strikes me as one of those colors that is cool today, but after a while, it will become kind of 'dated.' That's just me. I feel the same way about cars in that "Pumpkin spice" color. I guess I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to road cycles. But if you like the color, it is VERY well done. I will say that. If you like the color, you will probably LOVE the bike. It is unique if nothing else.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
FWIW, I've seen the Copper and it strikes me as one of those colors that is cool today, but after a while, it will become kind of 'dated.' That's just me. I feel the same way about cars in that "Pumpkin spice" color. I guess I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to road cycles. But if you like the color, it is VERY well done. I will say that. If you like the color, you will probably LOVE the bike. It is unique if nothing else.
Interesting. I have only seen pics, but my impression is someone will either like it or won't. Same goes for the green Tarmac Sport.

In any pics, the Roubaix SL4 Expert always looks orange to me. If you had to pick one, what color would you say it most closely resembles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.