Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
El Papi Chulo
188 Posts
I'll let you know in a week. They shipped ours yesterday so either Friday or monday.

As for difference, nothing. Just Synchros cockpit and wheels. Frame is same.

·
El Papi Chulo
188 Posts
I dont know if I'd say its worse spec, I find the Synchros stuff to be nice, especially the saddle. That Selle Italia was such a piece of ****.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beh... either way... Prices went up for no good reason. Considering that they're now equiped with (less known) Syncross, which is Scott's own brand now... Prices should go down or at least stayed the same... I mean... Foil 15 2012 for 4000€ and same Foil15 2013 for 4600€ ... 600€ extra for what?? downgrading the stuff (which are already crap and should be replaced with better, as soon as you buy it).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess I would rather have Mavic wheels and Sella saddle just from a brand perspective. The Synchros stuff may be ok, but the wheels alone retail for around $150 less than last year cosmics and the price for the '13 is roughly $600 more.

·
El Papi Chulo
188 Posts
In case some of you guys dont know much about Synchros. Synchros has been around since the mid 1980's as a high-end parts manufacture, they were bought by Ritchey Components which you all know, make high end parts as well. Synchros was very well known in the off-road side of the industry. Scott has a great relationship with Ritchey, this is evident in the seatposts you see on the Foil, CR1, Sparks, Scales also stems and handlebars. Scott bought Synchros to kind of expand the line, just like how you see Specialized with Roval, Trek with Bontrager. All these brands picked up these aftermarket brands to replace their "house name" parts to give them an edge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very nice! Interested in the weight as well...

Haven't weighed it yet but a co workers has the same bike in 61cm with bottle cages, and dura ace pedals, zipp 303 tubulars, and it came in and 16lbs 4oz.

Mine is a 54cm so it should be somewhere in the 15's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to decide between 2013 Scott foil 15 and 2013 trek madone 6.5 priced about the same. I usually ride flats and my rides don't go past 60 miles. I weigh about 200 lbs and love to go fast; 25
mph to 27 mph average. I currently own a 2008 Scott cr1 pro. Is trek really that bad. Every time I mention that I am considering a trek, people ask why would I even consider one. They say its all marketing and hype. I rode one the other day and I liked it. Although it didn't feel as lively or twitchy as the foil. Really torn between the two. Scott needs to a better job of releasing more pictures of their 2013 foil 15 and foil premium. This will be my first bike upgrade since I began cycling in 2008.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried the Trek 5.9 briefly and found it very comfortable. Not sure about the Trek 6.5 but I finally bought a Scott Foil 15 2012 and it's great! It is stiff but not too uncomfortable either so if you like speed and want to take advantage of the latest aero technology I'd go for Scott.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did SCOTT solve the problems with the slipping seatpost? Carbon paste doesnt cut it for me. Its an engineering problem that needs to be fixed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts